Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAHERE Allen Edward  

RSS
Matangirau OWC
(@matangirau-owc)

Dear Readers of this Panui,
I am Wi Bill Heke-Te Awa of Matangirau Kaeo, I am currently doing research on geneology and formally request the help or any assistants in respect of the fore-mentioned tupuna whos mother was one Makere Taniwha. This quest is on behalf of my cousins in Whangarei who were brought up on their mothers side of Ngati Hine and know little of their fathers line or specifically there connection to Matangirau re: Taniwha Whanau and asked if I might be able to help. I am aware that they are whanaunga as I am familiar of their fathers cousins Ani and Dan Taniwha. In stating this any one with relavant information in terms of their whakapapa of whom can assist or help would be duely and warmly received as you would then be giving fulfilment to my whanaunga who has asked for this information. The person concerned is one Allanah Tahere Kopa currently residing in Whangarei and yearns for knowledge of her roots to Matangirau. I have given her her pepeha which was kindly given to me by my wonderful cousin Hohaia Hakaraia. Thank you emmencely from the bottom our hearts for any contributions towards my panui. Kindest Regards Wi (Bill) Heke-Te Awa and my wonderful whanaunga Allanah Tahere Kopa.

Posted : 11 July, 2006 2:23 pm
kalima99
(@kalima99)

Hi Wi

Please contact me at kalima99@hotmail.com for information on your family members of Matangirau and Kaeo ie. Taniwha whanau.

Cheers Jeff

Violet66

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 July, 2006 3:47 pm
rangiora OWC
(@rangiora-owc)

quote:

Dear Readers of this Panui,
I am Wi Bill Heke-Te Awa of Matangirau Kaeo, I am currently doing research on geneology and formally request the help or any assistants in respect of the fore-mentioned tupuna whos mother was one Makere Taniwha. This quest is on behalf of my cousins in Whangarei who were brought up on their mothers side of Ngati Hine and know little of their fathers line or specifically there connection to Matangirau re: Taniwha Whanau and asked if I might be able to help. I am aware that they are whanaunga as I am familiar of their fathers cousins Ani and Dan Taniwha. In stating this any one with relavant information in terms of their whakapapa of whom can assist or help would be duely and warmly received as you would then be giving fulfilment to my whanaunga who has asked for this information. The person concerned is one Allanah Tahere Kopa currently residing in Whangarei and yearns for knowledge of her roots to Matangirau. I have given her her pepeha which was kindly given to me by my wonderful cousin Hohaia Hakaraia. Thank you emmencely from the bottom our hearts for any contributions towards my panui. Kindest Regards Wi (Bill) Heke-Te Awa and my wonderful whanaunga Allanah Tahere Kopa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 May, 2007 9:57 pm
rangiora OWC
(@rangiora-owc)

Kia ora,

I'm sorry that I am unable to assist in adding any tupuna names to your whakapapa as am looking for a Winifred Heke?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 May, 2007 10:01 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Eh cuzz,

Allen Edward Tahere is the son of Arena Poopi Tahere. Arena's wife was Te Aue [Margaret] Taniwha. I'm helping Allen's older sister Miere [Hiria] Tahere with the Taniwha whakapapa. Our cousin Ani Taniwha's dad was Hunia Tame [Tom] Taniwha, so Hunia and Te Aue were brother and sister cuzz!
Our connection to the Taniwha whanau is through Mauahara Te Pona and Ngatau Tangiwai who were brother and sister also.
You still in windy Welly cuzz?

na tou whanaunga a Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 July, 2007 12:09 pm
parukuri OWC
(@parukuri-owc)

KIAORA I DID KNOW A TAHERE, ALLEN (BANTUM) TAHERE AS FAR AS I KNEW HE CAME FROM KENANA BUT THEY ALSO LIVED IN MANGATAIPA,MANGAMUKA AREA THE TANIWHA'S ARE WHANAUNGA TO THEM AS WELL HOPE YOU HAVE LUCK IN FINDING YOU TUPUNA KIAORA.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2007 4:32 pm
Share: