Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAI TAUNOA TE HAPE: Waikato: Looking For history  

RSS
dee74t OWC
(@dee74t-owc)

Kia ora i was wanting some help if possible tracing my tupuna taunoa te hape tai.not much information was given and hoping some one would.I think he had a sister name peke tai that was residing in kawhia.and his wifes name was mata moepo which i dont have any information on her either.My great grandmother is nukuhia te wiremu tai she married tuhira kite or maybe kite tuhira.I havent got much information on them only a photo of peke tai.So it would be nice if some one out there replys back.

Posted : 25 August, 2005 2:29 pm
TeRopata
(@teropata)

Kia ora Kare

My mother said that we were closely related to the Tai whanau from Kawhia as my Tupuna were also from Kawhia. My Tupuna name is Te Ratu Poppa. I am giving you this info as possibly another name to trace with. There is a kaumatua from my family who you may be able to link into and he would certainly be able to point you in the right direction.

There is also a Kite whanau living nearby in Kiritehere which is about 40 ks South of Kawhia

Noho ora mai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 October, 2005 1:35 pm
romi
 romi
(@romi)

Tena koe, What lttle I know is that Taunoa Te Hape left two children Amokura and Nukuhia, both were female.
The line of both girls was Ngati Mahuta, but became Ngati Pou later.
The names Kuku and Keho are in their whakapapa,thru their mother Mata Maepo.
Mata Maepo had a brother Nan?ua and a sister Peke.
The Rehua whanau of Kawhia and Te Awamutu are linked to Amokura and Nukuhia.
Amokura married Kaukiterangi.Nukuhia married Tuhira Kite of Maniapoto. There is only one daughter of Amokura alive today, that is aunty Puni who is married to uncle Whitai Tumohe and they live in Huntly.
There is more, but will leave it there for you to take in.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2005 11:00 pm
Share: