Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

TAIMORIA, Erina - Ngati Wharara Kokohuia  

ang y OWC
(@ang-y-owc)

Kia Ora everybody,
I'm still on my tangent trying to trace my Nanas great Grandmother... I have been given the possible Maori name that she may have been known as. She was known in later years as Erina Ferguson who married a Kelly but I have been given an old document with her possible name as Erina Taimoria. She was born around early to mid 1800's.
She was born in Kaikohe or Waihau/Waiho/Waihou Valley, Hokianga and the documents also say her hapu was Wharara Kokohuia.
Has anyone up there heard of this name or any Fergusson/Ferguson names? Erina had 5 boys and 5 girls and there is a rumour she may have married someone in the Leaf Whanau. She married 3 times so she may be also known as someone else.
Once again thanks everyone for your help!
Cheers!
Ang

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 October, 2007 10:22 am
Lyn Blundell
(@lyn-blundell)

Hi Ang,

Erina is my Grt Grt Grandmother, she is the daughter of Elizabeth Ferguson (née Sullivan) I am not sure if she is the same Elizabeth, as the Leaf Elizabeth as she was born in 1835, and our Elizabeth was born 1823.

My Great Grandmother is Matilda, which child are descended from?

Regards Lyn

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 May, 2018 12:05 am

Working

Please Login or Register