Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAIURU, Mariana  

RSS
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

TAIURU; Mariana -parents names maybe Hakapo TAIURU and Ria or Humara.Mother of
MAORA NEKEWHARE born around 1820 in the Tikitiki or Torere area.
Maoras partners surnames were
1)Apera Inoka or Enoka(a pakeha called Knox)
2)MATANA from Ngai Tai Umupuia area
3)PETERA or Peters from Kennedys Bay
I am interested in learning about my whakapapa for this side of my whanau
Joy (Germany)

Edited by - markonijoy on Aug 05 2005 01:22:55 AM

Posted : 19 March, 2005 2:49 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora markonijoy,

If you go to www.familysearch.org you will be able to find listings for the following whanau:
TAIURU
NEKEWHARE
MATANA
PETERA

In the search form just put the name in the Last Name and set the country to New Zealand. Do not worry about filling out anything else.

Also, be aware that not all of the info in the familysearch site is accurate, but it is a good place to start.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 April, 2005 11:39 am
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Thanks for that idea. I use that site myself but hadnt thought to try it for whakapapa. Your comment about information not always being accurate is also quite correct.Still it often leads you along a pathway which brings you eventually to the right door and there is much fun in the exploration and discovery aspect Although I must say that whakapapa learnt sitting at the feet of the elders where they impart not only who you descend from but also the stories about that persons life are by far a more interesting way to learn it. I cherish my memories of the few times I enjoyed that privlidge

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 April, 2005 6:41 pm
Share: