Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Takotowi Te Whata - Ngati Kuri hapu  

RSS
taimona OWC
(@taimona-owc)

Looking for ancestors of Takotowi Te Whata who married Dennis Browne Cochrane. Takotowi father Ru? Ngati Kuri hapu. Takotowi and Dennis's daughter Jane married James Reddy Clendon.

Posted : 10 May, 2006 3:18 pm
zakky OWC
(@zakky-owc)

I know she is one of my ancestors. post a private msg to talk more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 June, 2006 12:22 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Ko te whakapapa nei a Jane Takotawi Cochrane:

RAHIRI = WHAKARURU
|
KAHARAU = HOUTARINGA
|
TAURAPOHO = IHENGA-PARAOA
|
TUPOTO = KAUAE
|
MIRUITI = KAUMOANA
|
RAPEHUAMUTU
|
TE AHO
|
TE TAEPA = MOEAWA
|
PUA = HAUA
|
MOEWAKA
|
TE WHATA = TE HOKA
|
TAKOTAWI TE WHATA = DENNIS BROWNE COCHRANE
|
JANE TAKOTAWI COCHRANE = JAMES REDDY CLENDON
|
GEORGE CLENDON me etahi atu...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 June, 2006 12:54 pm
taimona OWC
(@taimona-owc)

Thank you both.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 June, 2006 9:39 pm
Nga Hau e Wha OWC
(@nga-hau-e-wha-owc)

hohaia what a lovely taonga for taimoana. i recognise some names in the line. I sent you a couple of PM's as I cannot get through to the Mathews family (the email bounces back). You posted the link to their webpage and I wanted to commend them on a great site and research paper. Your email also bounces back... Is it me??? Can you please email me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 June, 2006 10:51 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Dennis Browne Cochrane was the son of Rear Admiral Lord Thomas Cochrane, the tenth Earl of Dundonald [1775-1860] and Sarah Gale. Lord Thomas Cochrane was the son of Archibald Cochrane, the ninth Earl of Dundonald [1749-1831].

Dennis also had a daughter named Cornelia Frances Cochrane [a.k.a. Mere or Mata] whom married Hoani Waata Papa [John Walter Barber].
This is the Walter whanau from the Northern Wairoa rohe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 September, 2006 2:29 pm
hmiles OWC
(@hmiles-owc)

Kiaora, I just wondered if you could confirm the mother of Cornelia Frances Cochrane. Our family records (Walters) have the mother as Sarah Clendon daughter of James Reddy Clendon. Not to be sceptic I just wanted further confirmation as James Reddy Clendon married Dennis Cochrane's daughter Jane Takotowi. This in effect means that they married each other's children. Not entirely strange I guess in those times but....

Arohanui
Helen

Dennis Browne Cochrane was the son of Rear Admiral Lord Thomas Cochrane, the tenth Earl of Dundonald [1775-1860] and Sarah Gale. Lord Thomas Cochrane was the son of Archibald Cochrane, the ninth Earl of Dundonald [1749-1831].

Dennis also had a daughter named Cornelia Frances Cochrane [a.k.a. Mere or Mata] whom married Hoani Waata Papa [John Walter Barber].
This is the Walter whanau from the Northern Wairoa rohe.
[/quote]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 November, 2007 4:30 pm
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Hello Hohaia I have also been trying to catch up with you and the email bounces back too.
Kapai for your whakaheke for Taimona.

Taimona have you been following the Treaty Settlement posts for the Far North and/or about the development at the Cape?

Edited by - ngati_kuri@hotmail.com on Nov 25 2007 9:37:59 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 November, 2007 9:35 pm
Share: