Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAMAKI Whanau  

RSS
vanessa OWC
(@vanessa-owc)

Kia Ora
Looking for whanau that belong to the Tamaki

Posted : 03 April, 2005 5:42 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe vanessa,

If you make sure you are at the new Whakapapa Club ( http://whakapapa.maori.org.nz) and click on Full Search, you will find records for the Tamaki Whanau, including people in the People Directory (who you could email) and Tamaki Whanau in the lists.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 April, 2005 2:25 pm
chris2086 OWC
(@chris2086-owc)

Hi Vanessa
My father Charlie kerekore Takerei is related to the Mackie whanau, who in turn are related to the Tamaki whanau. Where do you live? My sister Adrienne and myself now reside in Australia.
Chris

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 April, 2005 3:41 pm
Ngati Allsorts OWC
(@ngati-allsorts-owc)

Kia Ora Vanessa

I'm a Tamaki and looking into that side of my whakapapa. Our name was changed from Tamehana to Tamaki after our tipuna. His name was Tamaki Tamehana. We have links to Kawhia/ Pirongia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 April, 2005 8:50 pm
Animags OWC
(@animags-owc)

Nga mihi ki a koutou ngaa whaanau.

Kia Ora my maiden name is Tamaki and we are descendants of the above mentioned Tamaki Tamehana also. I am in the process of collating our whanau reunion book alongside my father and I am quiet familiar with our tupuna.
We reside in Te Awamutu, which is where most of us have grown up and are pretty wide spread throughout the motu. Look forward to hearing from you all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 August, 2005 12:57 pm
Animags OWC
(@animags-owc)

If there are any other whanau who are seeking any other korero or information regarding our Tamaki whanau, please holla back. I know there are plenty of whanau that I have never met, though am keen to get in contact with. Kaua e whakama.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 October, 2005 9:09 pm
Share: