Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAMATEA , Trying to find more info about my nanny's whanau  

RSS
adamogilvy OWC
(@adamogilvy-owc)

Kiaora Koutou my name is Adam Ogilvy. I am trying to find more information on my Great grandmothers family I only know her as Naana but I think her name was Ellen Tamatea. I think she was born either in Tiniroto by Wairoa or in Waituhi Gisborne around 1905 her father was John Tamatea and her mother was Mere Te Paenga Wati (Watts). she (Ellen Tamatea) lived at the Pere homestead Waituhi and met my great grandfather Raymond Airlie Ogilvy (he was Nga Puhi/Te Rarawa) in Ormond their oldest son (my grandad) Raymond Te Kani Ogilvy was born at the Pere homestead around 1924-5 He told me Rongowhakaata Halbert registerd him when he was born.
My Great Grandmother passed away in the late 1990's in Gisborne
I would have asked her alot of questions about our whakapapa and who are our whanau,marae, hapu, iwi but she had Alzihmers for most of my life and worst of all my fathers whanau didn't have much to do with her but when I was born (1975) she drove from Gizzy to Hamilton and gave me a blanket which I still have
Any Help would be "capital K for KAPAI!!!
Naku Noa Adam

Posted : 17 June, 2005 9:38 pm
Barbara OWC
(@barbara-owc)

Two email contacts for you
Te Whanau a Kai Trust: whanauakai@e3.net.nz and
wipera@xtra.co.nz (Te Aitanga a Mahaki Trust) both these contacts will whakapapa information and history for you

Na, Barbara

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 August, 2005 5:09 pm
dannydelamere OWC
(@dannydelamere-owc)

Kia Ora I was wondering if you got any info on your Tamatea search as I am trying to do one for my adopted son Anton,,,his mother is Elizabeth Aroha Tamatea who's father is Wereta Tamatea from Gisborne...I was hoping you could be of help for me as well Kia Ora...Danny

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 January, 2006 11:30 am
Ford OWC
(@ford-owc)

Hi,
If you go to Familysearch.org and type in "Wati" I believe you'll find some very interesting info there. Im thinking the name you come across is perhaps the same person noted. Hope it helps

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2007 2:43 pm
Share: