Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TANOA, Dorothy Paretauhingi  

RSS
mistymarie OWC
(@mistymarie-owc)

Hello,

This is my grandmothers name. I am trying to make sense of a family tree I have been given.
There are two Tribe names(Im not sure if that is what they are called)I am unsure of which one we belong too.
Ngati Haua & Ngati Hau Nui A Paparangi

I have no idea where ti begin an have really struggled to get info here in Australia can anyone help??

I think her parents where Wikirima Tuhiariki & Wikura Tanoa but I am unsure if I am reading this correctly.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be fantastic.

Thanks

Posted : 04 August, 2006 1:21 am
margiet OWC
(@margiet-owc)

Hi Mistymarie,

My sons great grandmother is Wikura Tuhi Ariki(Kataka), she married Tonga Tanoa. If this is the same family I will ask him for the whakapapa for you. Can you send me a line and let me know?

Arohanui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 August, 2006 2:38 pm
Share: