Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TARATOA Meremaihi & SNOWDEN Edward Henry  

RSS
wiremupoutu OWC
(@wiremupoutu-owc)

Kia ora..I am looking 4 info or Whakapapa on Meremaihi TARATOA born in Tauranga,1st marriage to Roderick Grey,2nd Marriage to Edward Henry SNOWDEN born in Tauranga,Edward Henry SNOWDEN changed name to Eru HENARE,I am looking for the children of Meremaihi TARATOA & Edward Henry SNOWDEN{Eru HENARE}As my Gt-Gt-Gt-Grandfather is Eru Maihi HENARE and his son is Maihi HENARE,I have land court records bak 2 Maihi HENARE but thats as far as it goes,really need to know if Maihi HENARE & His Father Eru Maihi HENARE are descendents of Eru HENARE{Edward Henry SNOWDEN} and Meremaihi TARATOA,this is what i've come up with at the moment but its only a guide until i get it Verified..

Edward Henry SNOWDEN
{Changed name Eru HENARE} = Meremaihi TARATOA

Eru Maihi Henare = Mere Te Ohu

Maihi Henare = {Two marriages that i know of}Ani Grant from great Barrier & Tepara Paora from Tai Tokerau

Rirpeti Te Kohuroa Maihi HENARE = Riki Eparaima Tarau POUTU

Rawhanake Riki TARAU{My Father}

on the Latter Day Saints site They have Maihi Henare as having a brother Karere,and two sisters Rangi and Puke,also would like 2 know what connection,If any,that Meremaihi TARATOA has with the Rangatira TARATOA who took the baptisim name Henare Wiremu TARATOA who fought at Gate Paa but died at Te Ranga,i hope that this is enough info to get a reply..Ma Te Wa...Ngapuhi Nui Tonu..Wiremu Hohepa Tarau Poutu no Te Kapotai..

P.S..E-mail address Wiremupoutu@clear.net.nz

Posted : 25 September, 2007 3:38 pm
colleenj liked
wiremupoutu OWC
(@wiremupoutu-owc)

Kia ora again...Sorry but i missed out a name in my last post,Maihi HENARE had a son Hoani Maihi HENARE who then had his daughter Rirpeti Te Kohuroa Maihi HENARE

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 September, 2007 6:05 pm
colleenj liked
Ngati Tu OWC
(@ngati-tu-owc)

Tena koe e te whanaunga Wiremu....your uncle Romana is the one to write to as he has quite alot of good material and from good sources..check out his last posting pretty good reading...heio ano kia pai tou rangahau e pa ana ki ta matou nei whanau.....Eparaima Paratene...mihi ki tou whanau.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 September, 2007 1:12 am
gardr OWC
(@gardr-owc)

Tena Koe Wiremu

I was just cruizn the net and i saw your posting re: Meremaihi and Edward Henry Snowden. I descend from this couple. Meremaihi was Henare Taratoa's elder sister. The other sibling from Heera Tatai and Hoani Te Ohu Taratoa's children was Ihau Taratoa. My tipuna was Mary Ann (Meremaihi and Edwards daughter) She married Tawhiti Akuhata from Te Whanau a Tauwhao on Rangiwaea. Hence my mother's whanau name being Tawhiti.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 February, 2008 2:35 pm
Share: