Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TATE Grace Reta. married Henry Farrell .  

RSS
dalmorton
(@dalmorton)

I am seeking to find the ancestors/descendants of Grace Reta Tate and Henry Farrell. Married Thames 25th January 1903.My father Sidney Treville Farrell born Paeroa 1/12/1903. Would like information re the possibility that my great grandfather could have been a whaler who met my great grandmother and immigrated to Tasmania where Grace was born 1880. Obviously returned to NZ having met her husband Henry at some stage. No marriage records can be found so could have been a Maori wedding. Also would like info. on Maori meeting places, were they communal or family.Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Posted : 09 January, 2007 11:17 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

I am seeking to find the ancestors/descendants of Grace Reta Tate and Henry Farrell. Married Thames 25th January 1903.My father Sidney Treville Farrell born Paeroa 1/12/1903. Would like information re the possibility that my great grandfather could have been a whaler who met my great grandmother and immigrated to Tasmania where Grace was born 1880. Obviously returned to NZ having met her husband Henry at some stage. No marriage records can be found so could have been a Maori wedding. Also would like info. on Maori meeting places, were they communal or family.Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Kia ora ano Glenda

Maori land court reference: 6 Reg 23

ESTATE OF TE RANGIKAUAMO TAMIHANA OR RANGIKAUAMO FARRELL OR TAMIHANA OR ROGERS, deceased.

Deceased died intestate on 10/7/1983. Letters of administration granted to Mary Hayward, of Rotorua, administratrix on 15/10/1984

Orders section 81/1967 in terms of application dated 13/10/84

Noho ora mai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 April, 2007 11:07 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia ora Glenda, this is an extract from the 221 Rotorua Minute Book 29.

Vesting Order

In the Maori Land Court
Of New Zealand
Waiariki District

In the matter of the Estate of:
Rangikauamo Farrell or,
Te Rangikauamo Tamihana or,
Rangikauamo Rogers.

Where as Mary Hayward of Rotorua holds the beneficial freehold interests in Maori freehold land described in the Schedule hereto in the capacity of administratrix of the estate of the abovenamed deceased.

And whereas the said administratrix has applied to vest the said interests in the persons beneficially entitled thereto.

It is hereby ordered that pursuant to section 81a of the Maori Affairs Amendment Act 1967 the said interests are hereby vested in the persones named and described in the said schedule, each person receiving the shares set out opposite their name[s].

Dated at Rotorua on the 29th day of July, 1988.

Schedule.
Sophie North [f]
Alice McKechnie [f]
Mary Hayward [f]
Angeline Farrell [f]
Steven Farrell [f]
Paula Farrell [f]
Henry Farrell [m]
June Farrell [f]
Robert Farrell [m]
Leonard Farrell [m]
Julieta Farrell [f]
Eugene Farrell [m]
Katherine Farrell [f]

Addresses also included, could be a bit outdated though. Hope this is of some use.

Noho ora mai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 April, 2007 11:11 pm
dalmorton
(@dalmorton)

Hi! Ira, i doubt very much tht this is my Henry as he was not Maori if the information i have is correct? Didn't find the addresses, where will i find them. Did you recieve my mail with the death certificate atached which gives different info; to what is on my fathers birth certificate?
Glenda

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 April, 2007 12:25 am
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Hi! Ira, i doubt very much tht this is my Henry as he was not Maori if the information i have is correct? Didn't find the addresses, where will i find them. Did you recieve my mail with the death certificate atached which gives different info; to what is on my fathers birth certificate?
Glenda

Kia ora Glenda,

Checked my email, nothing in there. No death certificate and apologize for the wrong person. I have the addresses. Will send them via private email.

You might have to resend the death cert.

Arohamai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 April, 2007 1:03 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Glenda

Kia ora Glenda,

No, no death cert arrived and sorry for the wrong person.

Arohamai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 April, 2007 1:18 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Glenda

Kia ora Glenda,

Did a bit of research at the library, well tried. Looked up 1903 marriages but had a little bit of a problem. I couldn’t read a damned name on the microfilm. Some help that was? Oh well will keep searching, hopefully something pops up.

Have come across a Gaye Aroha BALL not sure if she could be of any use, but will check it out tomorrow and get back to you.

Arohamai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2007 10:18 pm
dalmorton
(@dalmorton)

Hello Ira, It is most frustrating, i think i have found the family of Henry's brother in Oz. May give us a lead when i find out more, will keep you posted. Cheers Glenda

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 April, 2007 1:59 am
moks OWC
(@moks-owc)

Hello I am a member and am curious about Grace Tate I am a Tate from Hokianga Northland and wonder if you have information as to her whakapapa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 January, 2008 12:06 pm
dalmorton
(@dalmorton)

HELLO, WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO FIND OUT MORE, DON'T HAVE ALOT OF INFO; SHE MARRIED MY GRANDFATHER AT THAMES 25/01/1903. MY FATHER WAS BORN PAEROA 1/12/03.I HAVE BEEN TOLD SHE WAS A MID-WIFE TO THE MAORI WOMAN.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 January, 2008 9:23 pm
Share: