Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAUKAWE, Pirihira  

RSS
dagwood OWC
(@dagwood-owc)

CLEMETT, Lorraine: help with our whakapapa, especially in tracing the links from Pirihira.

Posted : 12 October, 2005 1:43 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Lorraine,
I was just wondering 'Nō wai o tipuna?'. The first name sounds familiar to me, but not the surname...

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 October, 2005 5:35 pm
dagwood OWC
(@dagwood-owc)

Kia Ora Jax, On information supplied to us Pirihira was the daughter of Hunia Taukawe and Pirihira Nga Morehu.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 October, 2005 2:19 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora ano,
I had a look on surnamenavigator.org and there is one post in particular that mentions Pirihira Nga Morehu Taukawe born c1820, Otaki, died c1916 but I did not find out anything else there.
My personal filing system is 'papers in folders at the bottom of a big box' and I haven't managed to rifle through it all yet. Sorry.

Do you know where abouts Pirihira was from, born or settled? I'll keep an eye out on this thread for your reply. Kia ora.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 October, 2005 1:08 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Hi Lorraine,
I found it and it probably wont be very helpful. The name refers to a Pirihira Poutu, she was born around 1842-1843. Her parents were Hairiha Poutu and Rangiwaea or Rangiwaia or Rangiwaha. Poutu's parents were Tauia and Tiori, Rangiwaea's parents were Tahoe and Whararipa.

Pirihira Poutu married John McGregor aka Te One around 1860, he was born around 1840 and his parents were Jock (John)Mc Gregor and Hinekawa.

I knew the name was familiar, soory I couldnt help. Good luck in your search.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 October, 2005 5:26 am
dagwood OWC
(@dagwood-owc)

quote:

Kia ora ano,
I had a look on surnamenavigator.org and there is one post in particular that mentions Pirihira Nga Morehu Taukawe born c1820, Otaki, died c1916 but I did not find out anything else there.
My personal filing system is 'papers in folders at the bottom of a big box' and I haven't managed to rifle through it all yet. Sorry.

Do you know where abouts Pirihira was from, born or settled? I'll keep an eye out on this thread for your reply. Kia ora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 October, 2005 1:13 am
dagwood OWC
(@dagwood-owc)

quote:

Kia ora ano,

Hi jax Pirihira Nga Morehu Taukawe born Otaki 1820 is the Pirihira I am looking for. Any assistance you could give would be most appreciated. Thank you. Lorraine.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 October, 2005 1:22 am
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Hunia Taukawe = Pirihira Nga Morehu
Pirihira Taukawe = Emery Harmon
Robert Harmon(sis)Elizabeth Harmon (Lorraine's line)
Olivia Harmon
b 1877 - Kaikoura

Olivia is my Gt Grandmother

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 October, 2005 10:07 pm
Share: