Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAUNOA, Te Ngaore  

Ford OWC
(@ford-owc)

Im seeking whakapapa relating to my grandfathers(Tautohe Taunoa)brother,Te Ngaore Taunoa. He married Paku Kahuroa of Gisborne. They had 6 children: Makere, Mate, Hine(Jane), Haerepo(Charlie), Wharewhiti(Whare) and Paku. Would appreciate any information regarding my Whanau from Gisborne, also would like to know 'WHERE' We come from, have heard Te Araroa? If you can help that would be awesome.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 January, 2007 11:16 pm tuturuy2e liked
horigee OWC
(@horigee-owc)

Kia ora e hoa

I am a Taunoa on my mums side. A reunion was held at Pakowhai marae in Frasertown, Wairoa on the 26 - 29 of December. Did you go?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 January, 2007 11:19 pm
luckie@reconx.net.nz OWC
(@luckiereconx-net-nz-owc)

Kia ora,
Did Mate marry a John Tumanako? Im also trying to find whanau

Luckie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 January, 2007 7:38 am
Ford OWC
(@ford-owc)

I have posted this on behalf of my Mum. So please note all queries and replies are from her.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2007 3:07 pm
Ford OWC
(@ford-owc)

Kia ora Pete,
Yes my family and I did attend the reunion at PK. I assume your Mother is Rita who is my 1st cousin. Uncle Boy and my Dad(the baby of the family) are brothers. It just so happens I was the person selected to do the whakapapa side for the reunion and looking to fill in the gaps. Would appreciate any awhi from all that are willing. If you wish to look into this further e-mail me at ron.ford@xtra.co.nz.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2007 3:23 pm
Ford OWC
(@ford-owc)

Kia ora Luckie,
Yes Auntie Mate did marry John Tumanako, the only other info I have regarding them is they are buried at Waerengahika, Gisborne. As stated prior.
My Koro is Tautohe Taunoa, his brothers name is Te Ngaore Taunoa.

Te Ngaore Taunoa married Paku Kahuroa
they had to my knowledge 6 children:

1.Makere(Kere) married Apia Whaanga, their children are Mako(Molly), James McLean, Mere & Georgina.
2.Hine(Jane) married Rameka(Mac)Takurua, their children are Hine, Te Ngaore, Huru, Te Atamira, Waere(Tim), Wairua, Heni, Lena, Rameka, Ereti, Huia, Herena, Huru.
3.Haerepo(Charlie) married Heneti(Janet)Haenga their children are Tipoki, Te Awaina, Haerepo(Harry), Nuia(Jacky), Manuao, Hina, Hune(June).
4.Mate married Hone(John)Tumanako their children unknown.
5.Wharewhiti(Whare) married Katerina Ropata their children are Wi, Missy, Makere, Margaret.
6.Paku married (?) Kingi their children are Joe, Makere(Kere), ?.
Even with all this info Auntie Kere would be in her late 90s or 100s now, so theres still the mokos etc, hence the gap. Hope this helps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2007 4:21 pm
ramosnz OWC
(@ramosnz-owc)

Kia Ora Shanna,

I am Raymond Mihaere, My Mother is Mere (Mello)Whaanga and her mother was Makere (Kere) Taunoa who Married Apia Whaanga. Mum passed away in 1993 however Mako (Tangoio), Georgina (Whakaki) and Hemi (Mosgiel)are still alive.

Unfortunately we did not get the Panui about the reunion and are trying to get any information that we can too. If I find anything else from talking to mu uncle and aunties I will let you know.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 March, 2007 8:31 am
Ford OWC
(@ford-owc)

Kia ora Raymond,

Thanks for replying,thats awesome. Molly attended the reunion, and Georgina spent 3hrs with us as well. I am trying to gather as much info as possible so we can do a book. I would really love to make contact with you, if possible, contact me thru the above address please. Look forward to hearing and meeting you in the future.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 April, 2007 6:35 pm
mamagee OWC
(@mamagee-owc)

Kiaora Shanna, I am Haerepo and Heneti's grandchild. Hina is my father. It feels awesome to look up and find my dads family. I have tried to email you a couple of times and I'm not sure if you received them or not. Please let me know. Glenda Taunoa(Patterson)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 March, 2008 7:36 pm
pepe OWC
(@pepe-owc)

I am looking for Ruby Taunoa who lived in Marton. This may have been her tane's name but if anyone knows of her I would be grateful for any information. Kia ora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 March, 2008 10:20 pm
rlee OWC
(@rlee-owc)
Eminent Member

saw a Ruby Hira Mato (Mrs Taunoa) on a 2005 panui, maybe person you seek?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2008 12:14 am
rlee OWC
(@rlee-owc)
Eminent Member

another was Ruby Moetuohu Hira. maori land court succession.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2008 12:32 am
tuturuy2e
(@tuturuy2e)

Kia ora Te ngaore is my great grandfather 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 June, 2018 2:56 am
tuturuy2e
(@tuturuy2e)

Im off Heni and Rameka 

My Grandfather is Waere (tim)

ReplyQuote