Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Taupe or Taupi Enoka  

RSS
lmanaia OWC
(@lmanaia-owc)

I am looking for my grandfathers whanau. I do not know anything about where he was from or his parents. His wife was Tipare and they had two sons Pouri and Tom my Dad. Can anyone please help me with my search.

Edited by - lmanaia on Jan 21 2006 6:00:07 PM

Posted : 21 January, 2006 9:44 am
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

The Enoka Whanau are around Hamilton, Mangatautari Way and some are also in Ngaruawahia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 January, 2006 5:25 pm
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Im interested in finding how this whanau came by the name Enoka. If it relates to a Scotsman/Englishmen a whaler called Knox who arrived in NZ before 1860 then I would be keen on swapping notes

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 January, 2006 4:47 am
thenare OWC
(@thenare-owc)

Kia Ora koe! I am not sure if this is gonna be any use to you, but if your trying to search the Enoka surname, you might wanna try in Aitutaki in the Cook Islands. I knew a few Enoka from there....might be your whanau...loz.....give it a try.

Ma te wa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 April, 2006 8:56 pm
jultz
(@jultz)

Kia ora. I am an Enoka from Tainui. My father was William Enoka and is father was Whatitiri Enoka. From what I know my grandfather was Ngati Tamaoho and are very closely related to the whanau of Turangawaewae. He married my grandmother Hira Wi(my dad's mum) of Ngati Kaputuhi. I have never heard of Pouri or Tom(your dad)although I did have an Uncle Tommy(dad's brother) but he did not have any kids and was institutionlised for most of his life. But obviously we are closely related somehow. Sorry if I can't provide you with more info.

Edited by - jultz on May 23 2007 11:36:27 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 May, 2007 10:55 pm
parukuri OWC
(@parukuri-owc)

KIAORA YES AS JULZ WROTE THE ENOKA'S ARE FROM TE KUITI, MAROKOPA WAYZ IN WAIKATO THEY ARE WHANAU TO ME THRU THE WI'S WE ALL COME OFF THE HETETS,TURNER LINE FROM WAIKATO. I HOPE THIS IS SOME HELP

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2007 4:54 pm
Share: