Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAURUA, Hone Pokai (Big John)  

RSS
Cheryl Anne Dickson OWC
(@cheryl-anne-dickson-owc)

Kia Ora,
I am looking for my grandfather's immediate whanau. Brothers, Sisters, Nieces, Nephews even his parents names. I would like to start a Whakapapa on my Mum's side of the family. My mother, who is his eldest child, is Anna Faulkner (nee Taurua). I am her eldest daughter, Cheryl Dickson (nee Faulkner).

My grandfather was married to Marion and they resided at Haruru Falls, Waitangi in the Bay Of Islands. His first marriage was to Mata Wyniard and they had 5 children. Anna (my mum), Merehora, Peter,Roger and Audrey. My grandmother remarried and had another child to Pinto Apiata, his name is Pita Apiata.

I am very keen to hear from anyone who has information. Even better, I would like to hear from whanau themselves.

Posted : 19 October, 2005 2:16 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Cheryl,

If you go to www.familysearch.org and put the surnames, one by one into the search box, setting the country to NZ you will find people with the surnames you have named - maybe you will be able to recognise some of those names and that will help you

Note: Not all records in the Familysearch site are accurate, but it is a good place to start

Good Luck!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 December, 2005 10:07 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Recognized a couple of whanau names.
The "Wynyard" whanau are of Ngati Manu and hail from Karetu, and in and around the greater Bay of Islands also.
The Apiata whanau appear to be descendants of Te Kemara, a Nga Puhi rangatira and tohunga affiliated to the sub-tribes of Ngati Rahiri and Ngati Kawa.

Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 December, 2005 10:36 am
dap OWC
(@dap-owc)

Kia ora Cheryl,

I hope you check your posts from time to time. The Taurua whanau are having a reunion from about 28th Dec '06 to Jan 1st '07 at Oromahoe marae, Oromahoe. Not too sure of the dates, but definitely around that time.

Kia ora ano.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 December, 2006 8:21 pm
Share: