Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAUTARI, Tuwahine, Pari, Hemi: (Waiomio, Northland)  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
kotiro OWC
(@kotiro-owc)

Researching my grandmother's side - would like to know more

Posted : 09 March, 2005 7:42 pm
pearlau OWC
(@pearlau-owc)

Tena Koe Kotiro

Are you able to give any more information, such as first names, ie: your grandmothers name, etc.

The more details you can provide, will help us to help you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 March, 2005 1:36 am
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora Kotiro, I have a friend whose name is Bob Tautari from Waiomio. You can write to Bob at 31 President Ave, Papakura. There is a large family of them in South Auckland. Goodluck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 March, 2005 10:08 am
kotiro OWC
(@kotiro-owc)

Kia ora Pearlau,

My grandmother's name was Tuwahine Tautari and married to Te Riwhi Tipene. Her father was Pari Tautari, mother Mate Hoterene. I was brought up by them both since about 6 months of age (now 45) although they died when I was 11 and 14 respectively and I still miss them very much (34 years on). They were both my mother's parents.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 March, 2005 11:01 pm
kotiro OWC
(@kotiro-owc)

Kia ora Y2Ranga,

Thanks for that info, I shall write to Bob right away.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 March, 2005 11:03 pm
baygal76 OWC
(@baygal76-owc)

Kia ora Kotiro, its your relly here from Motatau, Im Huru Tipene's youngest daughter Phyllis. You may know that my sister Rosie married Thomas Tautari (known as Ratt to most people) from Waiomio and i know Thomas and your mum were first cousins (Thomas's dad was Piri Tautari). He may know more about your Tautari side. If you want more info e-mail me on fiss45@hotmail.com and i will give you over Rosie and Ratt's details. Mauri Ora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 March, 2005 9:22 pm
baygal76 OWC
(@baygal76-owc)

Hey again Kotiro, heres Rosie's e-mail address: sorry in taking so long to reply. rokis1@hotmail.com good luck cuz!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 April, 2005 11:00 am
motatau_4life OWC
(@motatau_4life-owc)

Kia ora kotiro im Ratt and rosies oldest kiddy from Motatau/Waiomio and i just wanted to know if you had got in contact with them and found what you've been looking for???????
Kia Ora!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 June, 2005 1:22 pm
vuktor OWC
(@vuktor-owc)

Hi kotiro. I didn't know your grandmother but I remember some of the other Tautari's of Waiomio. I remember walking past old man Piri Tautari's place every day attending Waiomio Primary school. Mum was good friends with Auntie Kuini Ututaonga (nee Tautari).

I just put my whakapapa on the internet which includes what you are looking for. Take a look at http://www.boxallfamily.org/genealogy and use the search option.

I hope this helps...

Edited by - vuktor on Jun 18 2005 06:28:00 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 June, 2005 3:26 pm
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Vuktor
Any chance of geting those wise opening words from your site posted to this one?
I think what is expressed there is very inspirational for all of us who are searching, I was most impressed.
There is a wealth of information on your site which is a real testimony to many years of hard work a a true taonga for future generations

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 June, 2005 6:45 pm
vuktor OWC
(@vuktor-owc)

Those are not my words so I cannot take credit for them. But they aptly reflect my thoughts and feelings of family history research.

I found this story on several other family history web sites and have used it on my web site also.

You can visit my web site to read the story called "The Story Tellers - We are the chosen ones."

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 June, 2005 6:26 am
kotiro OWC
(@kotiro-owc)

Kia ora Victor,

enjoyed your site very much - keep up the good work, and yes, a lot of that info has been very helpful to me.
Will contact you privately regarding other things.

Arohanui,

Lillian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 June, 2005 7:32 pm
motatau_4life OWC
(@motatau_4life-owc)

Tenak koe Vuktor!I just wanted to say that my papa/grandad was Piri Tautari and that Ma Kuinis my Grandaunty!!!i just want to know who you are?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 June, 2005 12:51 pm
vuktor OWC
(@vuktor-owc)

Kia Ora....I went to school with your Uncle Mathew and Uncle Monty. Uncle Monty is my age. I knew of your dad. He was much older then me.

My mum is Betty Boxall (nee Reihana). We lived with my grand father Hare Reihana on his farm hehind Miria Marae.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 June, 2005 2:58 pm
motatau_4life OWC
(@motatau_4life-owc)

Tena Koe Vuktor!My names Sharon Tautari!Far owt dats tino choice alrite!I'm not sure of who your mama was but ill sure know soon when i go home 2nite and patai to my dad!!!!
Thank You!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 June, 2005 1:05 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: