Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Te Ahuru, Kapua  

RSS
Bronny OWC
(@bronny-owc)

Hello
I was wondering if anyone has any information about Kapua Te Ahuru or his wife Heeni Ngaamo. I have been given information about their children and now can trace them down to my son which is wonderful. Am attempting to do found out as much as I can for my son.
Many thanks

Posted : 01 September, 2007 2:41 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora bronny

Heeni ngaamo was married keepa te ahuru or paora te ahuru could be same tupuna. Can ask at korohe marae, turangi
kapua te ahuru was their 3rd son of the 5th siblings

I also know heeni ngaamo 1st married was waaka
(thought I added)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 September, 2007 4:21 pm
parukuri OWC
(@parukuri-owc)

kia ora whanau my name is eve nikora we come off the hetete line hori ngatai hetete and mata turner. their daughter werawera was my tuarua granny she married a te amohanga and the decendents come down to me and all the rest of the whanau. the reason i have spelt the name hetet the way i have is because thats the way it is spelt in french so i hope it is of some help to you guy's the whanau out there the hetete and the turners the wi's the nikora's the amohanga's the bell's, greens, wahanui's wahitapu's ,aperehama, hotu's we all come off the same line kiaora whanau. my grandmother was a ngaamo hinewai, her sister was polly (pare) emery nee ngaamo ngawai,kura,roy,etc my gran was hinewai ngaamo she is buried in kihikihi cemetary along with her sisters pare,ngawai and others i hope this is some help to you guy kiaora again whanau OH PUNGAREHU NGAAMO AND TEMA NGAAMO NEE (PETERA) WERE THERE PARENTS

Edited by - parukuri on Nov 11 2007 3:45:57 PM

Edited by - parukuri on Nov 11 2007 3:56:30 PM

Edited by - parukuri on Nov 11 2007 4:07:14 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2007 3:25 pm
Bronny OWC
(@bronny-owc)

Thank you so much much both of you for this information. It is greatly appreciated 🙂 Pono my sincerest apologies for the delay in replying to you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2007 3:54 pm
dtk1000
(@dtk1000)

Hi Bronny,

To the best of our knowledge Heeni Ngamo had four or five husbands, Northcroft (pakeha), Keepa Te Ahuru, Tupara, Matenga Hapi and one other. Heeni was the daughter of Ngaikiha Raukura, her father was Henare. Her mother Ngaikiha came to Taupo to marry Te Rangitahau when Heeni was little. Once Ngaikiha came to Taupo she never went home according to her nephew. Home was Reporoa, Ohaki, Orakei Korako areas, although the family had history going back generations of marriage between Tuwharetoa and Ngati Tahu hapu.  Ngaikiha was the younger sister of Paora te Pahupahu Matenga, chief of Ngati Tahu, he died on Lake Rotokawa when his gun backfired out duck shooting on Christmas Day 1867. They had another sister Hariata who married Rawiri Kahia (they had no children). My husbands' family descend from Paora Matenga through his son Nepia Matenga. Ngaikiha went on to have two more children to Te Rangitahau, Paora Tahau and Ranginui Tahau.

Heeni Ngamo has many descendants, I have recently been tracking her Northcroft whanau as they are in many lands with us.

I hope this has been of some help/interest.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 February, 2019 5:23 am
Share: