Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Te Aitanga a Mahaki  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

Ahakoa he tino miharo noku i a au i kite tuatahi ai ki tenei 'site', i ahua pouri ahau no te mea kaore ano ka whakaturia hei wahanga mo nga uri o Mahaki! No reira, kua whakaturia tenei wahanga mo tatou ki te kite i nga whakapapa, nga korero hoki a o tataou tipuna no Te Aitanga a Mahaki, Nga Ariki Kai Putahi hoki!

Ko Maungahaumi te maunga
Ko Mangatu te awa
Ko Rangatira te marae
Ko Te Whanau a Taupara te hapu
Ko Te Aitanga a Mahaki raua ko Nga Ariki kai putahi nga iwi
He hononga ano hoki ki Ngati Porou, Te Whanau a Apanui, Tuhoe me Ngati Ruapani

Puritia to mana Mahaki kia tina!

Posted : 11 September, 2005 10:20 pm
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Everyone

For those who do not know, Te Aitanga a Mahaki is an iwi from around the Turanganui a Kiwa (Poverty Bay) region, who have settlements up the Waipaoa river.

There are close to 3000 Te Aitanga a Mahaki, making it one of the largest iwi groups in that region.

We descend from Mahaki who was a grandson of Kahungunu, but there are also lines of descent to ancient tipuna from Tauira waka and Nukutere waka.

If you have any questions or are from Te Aitanga a Mahaki/Nga Ariki Kai Putahi or any other iwi from that rohe, please leave a comment

Puritia to mana Mahaki kia tina!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 September, 2005 12:50 pm
kiwiflygurl OWC
(@kiwiflygurl-owc)

Ko Maungahaumi te Maunga
Ko Waipaoa te Awa
Ko Horouta te Waka
Ko Mangatu te Whenua
Ko Te Aitanga A Mahaki te Iwi
Ko Te Whanau A Taupara te Hapu
Ko Tama I Uia te Ariki
Ko Turanga Tangatarite te Wharekai
Ko Te Poho o Pikihoro te Wharetupuna
Ko Takipu te Marae
Tena Koutou, Tena Koutou, Tena Tatau Katoa!

Kia Ora, Nati (T):-)

Big Upz (Respect) from a descendant of the Te Karaka Farnow;), Te Whanau A Taupara

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2005 10:32 am
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora cuzzy,taken ages for a mahaki to reply!

im not that close to my taha mahaki,but my koro was hemi tuapawa tupara.do u know him or his whanau?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 November, 2005 4:11 pm
kiwiflygurl OWC
(@kiwiflygurl-owc)

Kia Ora ano, Nati

I have sent you an E mail so I hope you get it and I hope it is helpful and lemme know how yah get on;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 November, 2005 6:24 pm
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora kiwiflygurl

did u send it to the rite place ea?lol

king_kaiti@hotmail.com

i changed around my profile so i mite have stuffed it up on my profile so can u try again.

thanx kare

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 November, 2005 12:34 am
kiwiflygurl OWC
(@kiwiflygurl-owc)

Aue! Kare,

What I SHOULD have said was I sent you a private message, so the message would be on this site in your private messages, so if you are eager take a look at your private messages from this site. Your Papa went to Waikohu College in 1964 so I was told and their are sites that old friends hook upz. That's where I found someone asking about a Dice Tuapawa of Te Karaka. So I have sent you some links and an E.mail addy to tautoko you on your quest Kare (in ur pms) 😉

Kia Kaha

Kiwi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 November, 2005 8:10 am
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora 4 that!

yea i know dice,hes my koros brotha and we used to see him alot but not since we left gizzy and napier.his daughter joe is joe tuapawa and used to be on tv!and his other daughter is my mums god daughter and she is in a national softball/baseball womens team 4 aotearoa

but thanx 4 the other info kare,keep in touch ne!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 November, 2005 2:31 pm
Mistee OWC
(@mistee-owc)

Ko Maungahaumi te maunga
Ko Waipaoa te awa
Ko Takitimu te waka
Ko Te Rongopai te marae
Ko Te Whaanau a Kai te hapuu
Ko Te Aitanga a Mahaki te Iwi

Tena Korua,

I dunno much about my Mahaki side as I was brought up within my Kahungunu whaanau. But my dad is a great moko of Wi Pere...as of a couple months ago i didnt even know my Pepeha...so am cherishing everything I have been told. My dad is also from Mangatu, only time I go there is for tangi but well got heaps of whaanau there that am slowly meeting. Anywayz just wanted to shout out to ya both....na reira....**SHOUT** lmfao...

Ma te wa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 November, 2005 5:39 pm
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora e te uri noo kai-kore-au-nei

its awesome to see that although kua tipu kai roto i ngaa tukemata o kahungunu,kua puuritia too mana maahaki.good on you cuzzy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 November, 2005 8:15 pm
Mistee OWC
(@mistee-owc)

Heyy...ummm he paatai taaku..

Is Takipu..umm Tarbuck ??? If not do either of ya know the ingoa Maori of that marae?? Its on its way to Whatatutu, I havent been there for like 17 years...but have good memories of that place.

Hoorei!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2005 3:06 pm
juleznz OWC
(@juleznz-owc)

KiaOra everyone Mistee tarbuck is the name for Tapuihikitia Marae on the way to whatatutu...Big Hello to everyone else i lived at mangatu for over 20 yrs and have the Urupa transcriptions if anyone wants a lookup...or ask any questions you may have chur julie-Ann....bayz@kol.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2005 4:57 pm
Mistee OWC
(@mistee-owc)

ohhhh cool...thanks 4 that julez 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2005 8:39 pm
kiwiflygurl OWC
(@kiwiflygurl-owc)

Chaaaaaaa Julez,

I have a question, in my papa's whakapapa it notes that Tapuihikitia is also a marae of Te Whanau A Taupara (Tangata:Taupara) as well as Nga Potiki (Tangata:Whakarau). Is that correct??

Naku Noa
Kiwi

btw this is a link to the marae's and there are three secs of them http://www.oldfriends.co.nz/Gisborne/marae/5/page-2.htm

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2005 9:06 pm
juleznz OWC
(@juleznz-owc)

Hey Kiwi ring mangatu Blocks in gisborne who deal with the Whanau A Taupara trust they will be able to give you best info..ask for Karen shes lovely...now my own view is that Tarbuck would be a Mahaki marae but then taupara stems from mahaki anyway..my children have taupara descent hope this helps a bit cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 November, 2005 6:42 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: