Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE AWA, Kiritipa  

RSS
est950BC OWC
(@est950bc-owc)

Help with Whakapapa My iwi Ngati Kuri

Posted : 06 July, 2005 1:49 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena Koe Te Koroi,

You can ring me on: 027 424-1978 for any awhi.
My grandfather Matawahine Tame Te Awa was a younger brother of Kiritipa Te Awa. I grew up with our late aunty Norma Fenton's children; cousins Jackie, Hazel, Eddie Boy, Dolly, Shane, and Selwyn. I knew cousies Ike and Marsh Moa also who were the late aunty Kura's sons.
My late mum was Ariana Alice Te Awa. Get in touch whanaunga!

Na Hohaia [Joey] Hakaraia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 July, 2007 11:58 am
Ngati Tu OWC
(@ngati-tu-owc)

Tena koe Joey Hakaraia,
Saw your posting, used to play for a rugby league team called Te Awa Cougars from Kelston West Auckland. The whanau that we played for in the 90's names are all mentioned above. Tom and Ethel Parker were the organisers in those times. They have a son named after your tupuna's brothers Kiritipa. At that time they were one of the hottest teams out west. I also am related to the people out at Matagirau my uncle and aunt were Leo and Tilly Bowman or Pomana. Ngati Kawau ne...anyways had to post after seeing the name, used to sing songs about that person Kiritipa. Respected hard out west....koina Joey...a te wa...Dan Paratene....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 July, 2007 11:28 pm
Share: