Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Te Hau=Takangaroa  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
copycatdog OWC
(@copycatdog-owc)

Has anyone got any Whakapapa on Te Hau? Any information would be greatly appreciated.(Come on Funky, do your stuff)

Posted : 10 March, 2007 5:51 pm
FunkyJai OWC
(@funkyjai-owc)

quote:

Has anyone got any Whakapapa on Te Hau? Any information would be greatly appreciated.(Come on Funky, do your stuff)

Hey Cuz, Busy az day 2day.
Just seen your post..
Question..? What we looking for exactly? a little more specific please?

Which direction we heading in?
A Start and an End would be good.

Also I don't have TAKANGAROA.
I can't say whether I've come across this tupuna yet.
I have .. TE HAU=TAURU-TU is this the same TE HAU you are referring
to? Parents of TAURU-MOKO?
Perhaps TAKANGAROA aka TAURU-TU?
OR...TAKANGAROA another wife.
Who knows? NOT me!?

Yep..Your Turn Cuz
Jai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 March, 2007 6:58 pm
FunkyJai OWC
(@funkyjai-owc)

OK..

So.. Had a quick check to figure where u comin' from.

TE HAU=TAKANGAROA in your whakapapa? right?
Post RUAPOUNAMU/TARUTARU/KAHI...

Sorry cuz the only thing I have is to do with

WHAKARONGOURU(m)=TAKAKURU(f)
above TAKAKURU is TE HOKOKEHA as parent M or F?
aua?

I do know though that they shortened their names somewhat so whereever you find TAKA and similarities in lines that MAY be yours.

If I come across something I'll post for ya.
Hope that helps cuz.
Arohanui 2 U & Whanau.
Jai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 March, 2007 7:55 pm
copycatdog OWC
(@copycatdog-owc)

Kia Ora Cuz,
Thanks for that. You don't Know how much that helps. I have been talking to a Whanau member and she asked me if I knew what Hoko Keha meant and added no explanation. I dug around, asked about a million Maori in town and what we came up with was selling Pakeha. The Whanau member finally spilt the beans and Hoko Keha is the name of our Hapu (shame on me)
The Whakapapa I have from the Nga Mo Tea Tea is
Puaiti
Takangaroa=Te Hau(m)
Mawete(m)
It shows that Mawete sister was Takakuru, now the way it's written I had a bit of trouble at first so now I'm thinking that Mawete and Takakuru didn't share the same father unless Te Hau and Te Hoko Keha are one and the same.By the way the name Hoko Keha was adopted when the Pakeha sold our Tipuna Keha berries and said they were musket balls.Sucked in again. I wonder what happened when they went to use them? Did our Tipuna invent jam? I'll keep you posted.
Ano
Steve.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 March, 2007 6:57 am
FunkyJai OWC
(@funkyjai-owc)

quote:

By the way the name Hoko Keha was adopted when the Pakeha sold our Tipuna Keha berries and said they were musket balls.Sucked in again. I wonder what happened when they went to use them? Did our Tipuna invent jam? I'll keep you posted.
Ano
Steve.

LoL

Always Good to look on the bright side of it. right?

So Funny.. Although the whole purpose for giving these weapons to our people in the first place, was so that we could wipe Each Other out.
Saving them from clearing the land of the natives.

Same tactics used World Wide.

We can be grateful that these weapons were rendered useless when it came to Uncle Hongi Hika on his power hungry "Wanna RULE the world" episode.

Imagine him in Parliament! LOL!
Running against Brash!!LOL!

I'm still VERY well aware of the posibilities that may have had us colonised by the FRENCH,DUTCH,AUSSIES,AMERICANS.etc...
*shudder*

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 March, 2007 11:47 am
dixhe OWC
(@dixhe-owc)

Kia Ora Steve
My father was Tautahi Eruera Rikihana and his grandfather was Wiremu Rikihana.
I understood my grandfather Eruera Rikihana had a brother Timoti. So I have been very interested to read that there is also a sister Maraea. My father never spoke of her or mentioned her at all. So I would be very interested to find out more information about her.
I have been looking at information about my tupuna and found this website and had to register and send this query off straight away.
Ka kite ano
Hera Dixon

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 March, 2007 10:19 pm
copycatdog OWC
(@copycatdog-owc)

Kia Ora Hera,
My great grandmother Maraea was Whangai by Wiremu Rikihana. Her real father was Uru Boyce. I don't know who her mother was but I'd say it was some Whanau to Wiremu. If you want to know anything else, just give me a shout.
Na Steve.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2007 5:45 am
dixhe OWC
(@dixhe-owc)

Kia ora Steve
Well thanks for that. I am sending this page off to my sister who is doing some research at present. She has met up with another relative of ours from Timoti and they are busy looking for information about our whanau in the north. Particularly marae hapu and whakapapa so she would be very interested to correspond with you. I think I remember speaking with a relative of yous some years ago at uncle Marsh's tangi at Mitimiti. He was very ill though with cancer.
I brought that book Karanga Hokianga for my Dad before he died and he loved reading it. Said he couldnt talk Maori but he could sure read the book to me though....lol
Look forward to hearing more from you
Naku noa
Hera

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2007 5:30 pm
copycatdog OWC
(@copycatdog-owc)

Kia Ora Hera,
Good to hear from you. I'm looking forward to hear from your sister and of course I'll help yous anyway I can. I have your Whakapapa to Kupe
(Matawhaorua Waka), Nukutawhiti (Ngatokimatawhaorua Waka), Ruanui (Maamari Waka) Puhi (Mataatua Waka) Tumoana (Tinana Waka) and Pohurihanga (Kurahaupo Waka).
Steve.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 April, 2007 12:08 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora copycatdog
which waka is toroa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 April, 2007 1:39 pm
FunkyJai OWC
(@funkyjai-owc)

quote:

kia ora copycatdog
which waka is toroa

MATAATUA is the recognised Waka of the district.

But in "The Tribes of Muriwhenua:their origins and stories by Dorothy Urlich Cloher.

page 15 it tables MIRUPOKAI as captain?

Which is new to me because I have always been lead to believe that MIRUPOKAI was Captain of RUAKARAMEA.

I think Ms Urlich Cloher has her info wrong here.
Because MOEHURI was MIRUPOKAI's wife.

No Worries we'll put it all straight in the end..aye whanau!?

Arohanui Koutou
Jai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 April, 2007 2:15 pm
copycatdog OWC
(@copycatdog-owc)

Thank you Jai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 April, 2007 7:11 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

Thank you Jai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 April, 2007 12:06 am
moks OWC
(@moks-owc)

kia ora nga whanau,
no one has answered the question as yet I am interest also in Te Hau, I have heard stories of this name that was once the original name of a Tipuna on my daughter's father side of whanau and somewhere they changed from Te Hau any background stories would be ineresting to hear

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 March, 2008 11:27 am
superbee OWC
(@superbee-owc)

Kia ora,

Taru Taru
Kahimanea
Whakarongouru
Rikihana
The Tupuna Te Hau you mention may be Te Hauangiangi who was the central ancestor from whence that whole line came.

Pi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 March, 2008 9:50 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: