Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE HAUTAHA, TAINUI, NGAITERANGI LINKS, Elizabeth Johnson nee, married to Charles Fairfax Johnson  

RSS
gigguys OWC
(@gigguys-owc)

Looking for information regarding my gt, gt, gt grandmother. Where she came from. My whanau was located in the Waihi, Tauranga district. My iwi is Ngaiterangi but I do not know if Elizabeth was of the same iwi. Rumour is that she is from Tainui district. She was married to Charles Fairfax Johnson and they had William Johnson who married my gt, gt grandmother Oteria Dihar. My Aunt remembers that when she went to Waihi college her mother and grandmother insisted that she be placed in the Tainui house. This would be in keeping with following the male line as the Ngaiterangi links come from my gt, gt, grandmothers side,Oteria who was married to Elizabeths son.

Posted : 09 June, 2005 12:10 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe gigguys,

If your whanau has inherited land through that side it would give you an indication of where she is from.

Another option would be to go to the Maori Land Court and search the old records fristly for the Surname TE HAUTAHA and all variations.

Good Luck!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 July, 2005 1:21 pm
ikaptm OWC
(@ikaptm-owc)

tena koe

Not sure if this is the same whanau but in my whakapapa I have these names

Kanohi = Whakamomori (the parents of Irihapeti)

Dr Fairfax Johnstone = Irihapeti

Jane Fairfax Johnstone = Alfred Potier

I do not have any siblings for Jane but is it possilble your William is a brother to her???

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 July, 2005 12:18 am
gigguys OWC
(@gigguys-owc)

quote:

tena koe

tena koe,
I have just looked on the Latter Day Saints site family search.org and the entry has been placed under Johnson but, sure enough, Jane Fairfax Johnson married to Alfred Potier is my Gt, Gt Aunt, sister to William. Therefore Kanohi = Whakamomori are my gt, gt, gt grandparents. Thank you so much!!! Do you know the Pepeha and Whakapapa? I am researching my whakapapa for my Te Ara Reo year 1 course and, so far, I am the only one who hasn't recited my pepeha yet as I am still researching. Big thanks again. I've been researching for the last 15 weeks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 July, 2005 12:01 am
ikaptm OWC
(@ikaptm-owc)

Kia ora e hoa

It's great to help a fellow Te Ara Reo student, I too had to research here to complete my pepeha... I know the excitement your feeling!

I will send you what I have re Jane Fairfax by private email.
NB. Your Ngaiterangi connection comes through 'Kanohi' which is the whakapapa I have, Whakamomori is the 2nd wife... sorry to say I have nothing but her name.

kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 July, 2005 2:15 am
Ngamotu34
(@ngamotu34)
Eminent Member

I have quite a bit of Dehar whakapapa here which I typed up for another descendant.Contact me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 March, 2008 5:51 am
shogun OWC
(@shogun-owc)

Hi my name is Coral Kaumoana nee DeHar my father is William Fairfax DeHar,just wondering if this is the same whanau,gt gt grandfather came over from france

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 March, 2008 12:44 am
terehi OWC
(@terehi-owc)

I'm in good company here! Maybe you could all come over and help me fill the spaces at my place

www.terehi.tribalpages.com

Then it will be your place too.

Edited by - terehi on Mar 20 2008 4:41:26 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 March, 2008 4:30 pm
terehi OWC
(@terehi-owc)

quote:

I'm in good company here! Maybe you could all come over and help me fill the spaces at my place

www.terehi.tribalpages.com

Then it will be your place too.

Edited by - terehi on Mar 20 2008 4:41:26 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 March, 2008 5:13 pm
Share: