Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE HIHIKO, Morena Sam: Whakapapa details needed - this is my great grandfather  

RSS
kawhi1 OWC
(@kawhi1-owc)

If anyone knows of this koroua, who I believe is of Te Arawa waka and was married to Parekura daughter of Kauia and Whakaheke please make contact with me.

Posted : 30 March, 2005 8:03 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora kawhi1

I am not too sure if this is the person that you are talking about, but if you go [url="www.dnzb.govt.nz/dnzb/Find_Quick.asp?PersonEssay=1T83"]here[/url] and scroll down or do a search for Hihiko, you will find a mention of him in this korero.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 April, 2005 12:39 pm
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

I have heard of that Koroua Morena who married a few times. I don't know exactly where the koroua's origins are from. But one of his wives were Paewatea Purukamu who resided at Mangakaretu marae from her came Te Miri who married Te Paramena Moses ( Mohi ) who is my nanny Ripongahau Hinekura ( nee: Wikiriwhi's ) brother
Morena 's other wife was Parekura who was the third daughter, and Tohou being the middle daughter - from who is Te Paramena's mother. Parekura and Tohou's parents were Kauia and Whakaheke of Ngati Mahana which has close ties to Ngati Ahuru and Ngati Tuukoorehe of Te Kaokao-roa-o-Paatetere. from that union came your name Kawhi and others.
There was also another union with another. and from that union came nanny Kaata who resided in the Ngati Haua area.
N.B: there is another person on the site here under the id name as: Huiabird who is seeking info on Puunoke. that all fits into the same puzzle.

Hows aunty Ira, I am a nephew of uncle (Paakau)rangi and aunty Lani

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 October, 2005 12:46 am
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

tena koe

Ae! tohou (hauraki) & wikiriwhi mohi-moses (te arawa) were the parents to nga whakatauki or te paramena mohi-moses who married te miri purukamu.

(forgotten which year 2001 or 2002)?
kauea and whakaheke reunion was at whakairetimaiti marae, and the same time has matekino punoke unvieling at mangakaretu urupa, he was my husband's father.

Tukorehe/tukohihi was matekino's grandfather....

Whakapapa:
tukorehe = paretewa
they had
(son)punoke and (daughter)parengaope.

Punoke married ngaraki
they had
matekino punoke also known punoke ngawaka or ngaope, he adopted his son is my husband
also named matekino punoke.

I also ties connection to hauraki on my mother side. my mother related thru te paramena's sister kura2.

Morena sam buried next to paewatea purukamu at mangkaretu urupa.

need help, glad to help.
kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 October, 2005 5:42 pm
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Kia ora kawhi

Talking to my sister-in-law about your koroua.
Her father named was kiwi sam, his parents
samuel morenga te hihiko and parekura
of Ngati mahana.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 October, 2005 4:15 pm
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

Emi tenei ano, tetehi hononga no te whamaere Peka rara a to kuia i te taha ki a Tainui.
Ko te ingoa Morena nei he tupuna ki a Justin ma i tetehi taha, a, he tupuna ano ki a Aunty Tutak ma ara te whanau Motek

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 July, 2006 8:23 pm
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

Waihoki tenei na, kei ngaro ano i te tini me te mano o nga iringa korero kei runga nei, hei titiro mau e Patifika

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 July, 2006 4:29 pm
Share: