Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE KATIPA  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

TE KATIPA cica 1800s is the father of TUMOKAI KATIPA my patai is does anyone know who his parents are?

Posted : 30 January, 2006 4:47 pm
reiri OWC
(@reiri-owc)

Could be Te Amo or Whiro Katipa married to Mahora, maybe someone else has more?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 January, 2006 12:36 pm
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

thank you i will keep looking

MAuriora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 January, 2006 4:28 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora

Does Whanga Katipa sound familiar?

Kaye-Kaye

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2006 8:26 am
frontman OWC
(@frontman-owc)

Kia Ora Kaye-Kaye. Would the Katipa from kawiha be of some value to your findings. i'm not sure of their address but kawiha is not a big town so someone there would now something....good luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 February, 2006 10:39 am
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora Frontman
It is Hinemako the one searching but yeah i was referring to the ones in Kawhia who are also connected to Hiona Marae in Ngutunui and Te Kopua Marae in Tihiroa.

Kia Hinemako
I can refer you to Tipene Whaanga - Katipa now residing in Hawera who has a lot of whakapapa pertaining to the Katipa line and Tumokai Katipa i believe he was Princess Te Puea's husband? not sure but I know he did awhi in the building of the whare Turongo at Turangawaewae Marae

Kaye-Kaye

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 February, 2006 11:17 am
frontman OWC
(@frontman-owc)

Kia Ora Hinemako,
I use to work with Patricia Katipa, we both were Nurses at Tokonui Hospital back in the late 70s.
Kaye-Kaye spoke of your grandfather Tumokai Katipa My grandfather also did awhi in Turangawaewae and he was one of the main speakers for King koroki.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 February, 2006 8:27 pm
johnna OWC
(@johnna-owc)

Tena Koutou
Ko Taupiri te maunga
Ko Waikato te awa
Ko Waikato te iwi
Ko Ngatipourahui toku hapu
Ko Hiiona me Rakaunui oku marae
Ko Johnna Ngatia Te Whare toku ingoa

Kiaora..Ive been trying to find out info of my tupuna....Whanga KATIPA.
My great great grandfather was Whanga Katipa, but unsure of his wifes name. I think his brother was Te Kiri Katipa. I'd love to know who their parents were.
My great grandfathers name is Mangu Whanga Katipa and his wifes name is Fanny huakore adams (i think)There was a mention of a brother by the name of Te Anga Whanga..But only a headstone proved that, which was found north of auckland.
My grandfather is Rodney Roimata Whanga Katipa
My grandmother is Raukura Hopa.....

Now ive searched high and low for Whanga Katipa and anything about the name and found that Tumokai Katipa came up alot. Yes im sure he was married to Princess Te Puea. I was bought up in Ngaruawahia And as Kaye kaye mentioned Tipene whanga katipa Im sure he is my uncle.If his father is Paul Whanga Katipa.then im talking bout the right man.Tipene would be my mothers first cousin.Harriet Bateman .I wondered if there was any connections with tumokai Katipa to us.. Whanga Katipa is my mothers maiden name.
My dad is John Te Whare from Rakaunui Marae.
His mother is violet unuhia Takiari and his father is Jack Te Whare.
His grandfather was Fly Ngarotata Takiari and his grandmother was Tuiirirangi Whanga Katipa -Mangu Whanga katipa's sister.....
So there's my story...Hopefully someone spots the name and can help us find where we came from.
Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 February, 2006 9:38 pm
lionel OWC
(@lionel-owc)

kia ora

the surname KATIPA also refers to MAIKUKU as well

ur ancestor was KATIPA MAIKUKU

This family resides at Ngaruawahia and Tahaaroa west coast

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 March, 2006 11:12 am
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

Kia ora whanau,
Um Yes Tumokai was Te Puea's husband his is the brother to my Tipuna whaea Teahiua the the thing is Katipa was not the ingoa whanau is was Tauwhara ae i have since found that its origins are from TE KATIPA and yes the ingoa MAIKUKU is apart of our whanau Im currently looking TE NAMU KATIPA...........
Thank yous for ALL your help...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 May, 2006 10:40 pm
teeta OWC
(@teeta-owc)

TE KIRI KATIPA...HIONA MARAE
Following this thread of Te Kiri KATIPA....I am searching for anyone who knows of a child adopted by Kiri KATIPA and his wife and raised at Hiona Marae circa 1928...the child's name was Emma HUBBARD (please don't direct me to the said child, I am more interested in knowing the cicumstances of the birth / adoption etc)
Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 October, 2006 6:10 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

The name I have in our research is Rawiri Tumokai Katipa who married princess Te Puea, but dont have any info on the names of his parents.
Arohamai.

Edited by - edwards.jacqueline on Oct 17 2006 6:39:37 PM

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 October, 2006 6:34 pm
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

Thanks Jax,
Try Te Namu Katipa I recently found that ingoa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 December, 2006 12:58 pm
crazyhorse OWC
(@crazyhorse-owc)

quote:

Tena Koutou
Ko Taupiri te maunga
Ko Waikato te awa
Ko Waikato te iwi

My great great grandfather was Whanga Katipa, but unsure of his wifes name. I think his brother was Te Kiri Katipa. I'd love to know who their parents were.
My great grandfathers name is Mangu Whanga Katipa and his wifes name is Fanny huakore adams (i think)There was a mention of a brother by the name of Te Anga Whanga..But only a headstone proved that, which was found north of auckland.

Now ive searched high and low for Whanga Katipa and anything about the name and found that Tumokai Katipa came up alot. Yes im sure he was married to Princess Te Puea. I was bought up in Ngaruawahia And as Kaye kaye mentioned Tipene whanga katipa Im sure he is my uncle.If his father is Paul Whanga Katipa.then im talking bout the right man.Tipene would be my mothers first cousin.Harriet Bateman .I wondered if there was any connections with tumokai Katipa to us.. Whanga Katipa is my mothers maiden name.
His grandfather was Fly Ngarotata Takiari and his grandmother was Tuiirirangi Whanga Katipa -Mangu Whanga katipa's sister.....
So there's my story...Hopefully someone spots the name and can help us find where we came from.
Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 January, 2008 10:16 pm
crazyhorse OWC
(@crazyhorse-owc)

quote:

Tena Koutou
Ko Taupiri te maunga
Ko Waikato te awa
Ko Waikato te iwi

Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 January, 2008 10:19 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: