Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE KOAU, Iri Tuirirangi  

RSS
Teremoana OWC
(@teremoana-owc)

My Koroheke was a riverboat foreman on the Whanganui river in the early 1900s. His name was Iri Tuirirangi Te Koau and he was married to Ka'urangi Te Waewae Keepa who is from Te Pooti which is on the otherside of the river opposite Pipiriki wharf. Te Pooti is a very old papakainga where all my family grew up except my mum who was given to the Keremeneta whanau a mile above Pipiriki, to Koro Henare Keremeneta who was an Anglican Minister way back in the day. Koro was one of 2 maybe 3 families that left Kawhia/Waikato and moved to the Whanganui River. My Koro and Kuia had 8 children who were all born on the river. My mum's name is Rangirangi Tuirirangi and I am her youngest child. I would be keen to talk with anyone who can help me with my whakapapa concerning my Koro. Kia ora tatou katoa .. Hei Kona ..

Posted : 02 September, 2005 4:35 pm
toosick OWC
(@toosick-owc)

Kia Ora Teremoana,
Thanks for your email concerning the Berryman family who I am searching for from Pipiriki. Unfortunately I went to the Whakapapa website and read your message but could not reply straight away as my computer was playing up. Then when I went to reply and to re-read your email I could not find it on the web page. However, I think from memory you said that you knew the Berryman's from Huntly. Could you please reply again at your earliest convenience so that I can continue the search for my husband's grandfather William Berryman married to Huingatini Te Taniwha.
Ka kite Karen Berryman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 October, 2005 4:18 am
Geraldine OWC
(@geraldine-owc)

teremoana kia ora to you my name is geraldine taurerewa i come from pipiriki i went to school there with some of the tuirirangi family has they a close related to me aunty rebecka was married to uncle bombom turirangi they had six childrean has for uncle bombom brother he married a lady from ratana pa outside Wanganui and they had three chidrean jenny is living in Raetihi her name is jenny rapana has for brother is name is jordon tuirirangi there other brother i think is name kimpton he was adoted out you mention about henare keremeneta also related to me koro dave henare keremeneta was married to aunty wai she was a Taurerewa the name of the place around the river frome Tepoti is call Taumarama the other block next agross the creek is call Rangitautahi the whole aerea is call from Tepoti,Taumarama,Rangitautahi,is call Whakakaiuwaka (c1b1) there is going to be a meeting call soon for Tepoti across the river from Pipiriki they a looking at restorey the marae back.if you a wanting to get in contack about Tepoti.Don Robinson mangatutoa north Raetihi (ph 06/3854452)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 October, 2005 11:19 am
spie2006 OWC
(@spie2006-owc)

hi my names james tuirirangi thort id add my bit geraldine wen u spoke of rebecka and bombom thats my grandpearnts [bimbo] martenga tuirirangi was my dad i dont no much bout my history but if u can help that would b great

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 May, 2006 8:45 pm
Teremoana OWC
(@teremoana-owc)

He mihi nui ki a koutou katoa. I haven't been online for sometime and I'm sorry for not getting back to anyone sooner. Ka aroha.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2006 3:17 am
Geraldine OWC
(@geraldine-owc)

hello to you jame your dad live here in whanganui.i having seen him for a long time.you have two uncles &aunty there names a Tex Turirangi (lala) Dennis & Rosemary Turirangi i think they a living in Mangakino . your aunty Hazel is living up north Wrakworth . if you ever travely near the centre of north island call into Raetihi ask around you will get to met some of the family . hope to hear from you .Geraldine

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 December, 2006 2:26 am
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora karen (mc iroy)lol!
Reading your posts I know now who you are! You use to live at paki street,huntly.
tena koe karen!
you mentioned about earnie's grandmother huingatahi te taniwha. Her names fimiliar to me not sure if she same person from the east coast.

I still lived at huntly, yeah still around huntly old home. Good old memories with you and all my other mates. I've seen your sister shirley sometimes around town, well and healthy.

ka kite ano
pono

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 December, 2006 10:39 am
Share: