Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE MANU, Paratene or Pari Otene  

RSS
ngatiwai_boi OWC
(@ngatiwai_boi-owc)

I am looking for information on my ancestor Paratene Te Manu ( 1800- ? ) I have found some information abot him on the internet but it is of limited used and only talks about his visits over to England , and i was wondering if anyone cold be of any help?

Posted : 29 October, 2004 11:56 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora,

Check out the new member Kaihoe as in their bio they refer to Paratene Te Manu so they may be able to help you.

Good Luck!

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Nov 02 2004 11:56:00 AM

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 November, 2004 11:46 am
Dino OWC
(@dino-owc)

Kia Ora
at the beginning of this year my husband and I attended a whakawhanaungatanga wananga at the Ngunguru Marae, it was facilitated by a man named Taipari Munroe (he can be contacted through Northland Polytechnic, Whangarei) anyway the Whare Tupuna there has the same name as the Tupuna you are trying to find out about, there was alot of korero on this particular tupuna that weekend. Hope this helps you. Mauri Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 December, 2004 2:13 pm
werengitana OWC
(@werengitana-owc)

kia ora, to connect to the noble blood of Paratene te Manu ( Broughton Te Manu ) you must connect to the Wellington Family of Ngunguru,of course you must know that Paratene te Manu nor Henare te Moananui never married or had any chidren therefore the closest blood to Te Manu is through his cousin Mata te Kura,She had two children, both girls, Rihi Paea or (grandma Lizzie as my father knew her) and her sister Miria were delivered to Te Manu after he heard of the planned infanticide of the girls by the Hauraki Maori.............Rihi Paea was married to Haehae Werengitana (Mr Grace Wellington).....
I hope that you can make some use of this information

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 July, 2005 12:49 pm
Share: