Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE NANA, Henare and CLENDON, Taurangi (nee Matene): Looking for all descendants  

RSS
zakky OWC
(@zakky-owc)

I have the whakapapa, but I am looking for the location of all children/grandchildren/great grandchildren of my great grandparents Henare Tenana and Taurangi Clendon and any relatives in particular that stem from their child Parani Cook who was my grandmother. Love to chat, please leave a post!

Posted : 06 December, 2005 1:31 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

So... who was nanny Tau's brother if you you say and I quote... " I have the whakapapa" end of quote.
He was an beloved uncle of mines.

Na Hohaia from Te Rawhiti.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 December, 2005 1:27 am
m.clendon OWC
(@m-clendon-owc)

Kia Ora Zak
I'm mums first cousin, Uncle Matu is my dad. Awesome to see you looking for all the whanau as we are all scattered all over the motu and even overseas. Keep up the journey, I will be in touch with mum about some wananga that we want to have around Matariki time (in June) God bless and take care. P.S I live in Hamilton, Dean is in Australia, Raniera lives in Kamo and Hemi is in the army in Palmerston North.
Arohanui Mary Marata

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 April, 2006 1:08 pm
kobber OWC
(@kobber-owc)

Kia Ora,
I am the youngest, surviving daughter of Hohepa Te toko and Virginia Jean Clendon.My dad known to the whanau as Tane was born on the 18th Nov 1927.Mum, Dad and our baby sister Georgina rest at the urupa in Rawhiti, with "E-pa"(Henare Poutawera)and their presence there has seen myself and sons journeying back to Rawhiti, in recent years.
I was whangaied by my mother's brother and wife and spent only my early,< 5yrs, childhood in Russell and Rawhiti.There are 3 girls and 6 boys in our lot, with most of us in NZ and 2 living abroad permanently.I live in the South Island, currently and have two sons.My oldest, named for my father, Tane, is at Canterbury University, studying Psychology and my youngest, James is NCEA year,in between being a sportsman who travels overseas alot.It would be good for my sons to have ties and links with my whanau, especially when geographically we have been so isolated.Look forward to keeping in contact.Arohanui,Huia.(I see that this makes Mary and I cousins,and "zakky" as which of our cousins children??)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 April, 2006 4:33 am
zakky OWC
(@zakky-owc)

I am Ngaire Cook's daughter. huia! hi mary marata pls post ur email addresses so we can keep in contact. I am in Sydney.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 June, 2006 12:20 pm
zakky OWC
(@zakky-owc)

kobber what is ur name?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 June, 2006 12:23 pm
mpene OWC
(@mpene-owc)

Kia Ora Mere
I have been wanting to catch up with you cuz for ages. We are still in Tauranga, have 3 boys all look like Clendon's. For all the others, my name is Matu, son of Tunisia and Marsh Pene, grandson of Taurangi and Henare Clendon and oldest of 7. Cousin to heaps of cousins too. Absolutely love my Clendon Whanau.
Arohanui

Matu Pene

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 December, 2006 10:38 am
zakky OWC
(@zakky-owc)

For the whanau that visit this site, please spread the word that we have land still in Ema's and Epa's names that need to be succeeded to for the whole whanau's sake. There could also be multiple other blocks, in other names. I am a Solicitor in Australia and am happy to help anyone in their efforts to secure lands for their whanau. If you would like to email me, please do so, at azimi@digisurf.com.au or post a message here. I would like each family to choose a representative and email me in due course. Come on guys ! Get involved 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 December, 2006 1:34 am
clendonclan OWC
(@clendonclan-owc)

Hi Cuz, we are the clendon clan who have spent many Xmas and new years eve's up in rawhiti while you and your whanau Marcelli, Jade and Carl and Aunty and uncle were there. Aunty Parani (your mum) has always been one of our favourite aunties. Our dad is Bob and our Koro is Doe. We use to stay up in the shed while you guys were camping on the point. We remember you being so little and cute. Hope the whanau are all doing good. Shan and Warren are in brisbane. Cheryle, Tracey , Lulu and Kimberley are in Auckland. Mum and Dad (Bob and Mihi) are well. We were up in Rawhiti after Xmas (06)and New Years Eve (2007). Rawhiti is still as beautiful as ever. Dad wants to know if your mum and dad are still in Moerewa? Hope all is well cuz. Arohanui.... The Clendon Clan.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 April, 2007 12:43 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Ka Mihi E Matu Pene,

To Tatai:

Te Iti Iti = Te Ariana Raharuhi
|
Taukiri Iti Iti = Pirihira Te InuInu [Inuiau] Poka
|
Rongo Taukiri Iti Iti [James] = Renata Pene