Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE NANA, Hiria  

RSS
Nyrenea OWC
(@nyrenea-owc)

Kia ora,

could any one knowing of this name please contact me on daveandbabe@xtra.co.nz. I am researching into my grt grt grt grandfather and his parents to see how far i can go back i have asked about Hiria his mother and who she was well no one knows so any help would be appreciated this is what i have so far. Hiria the person i am asking about had a child to Horace or Thomas Parkes an American from a whaling ship visiting the Bay of Islands. The child was a boy and was named William Parkes nee Wiremu Paaka our grt grt grt grandfather he was born about 1840 and married Ria Rewha. Hiria also had another child to James Clendon a boy named Himi Clendon. She then married Here Tenana in 1874 the reason for Clendon Te Nana. The information above has been gathered on hearsay so please do not get offended if i have things wrong and feel free to correct me. Kia Ora.

Posted : 04 September, 2006 7:02 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

On the right-hand side of my great grandmother's grave is one Hiria Te Nana interred at the Christ Church cemetery in Kororareka [Russell].
My great grandmother, Ria Hakaraia died in 1896-7. I believe this is the mother of Wiremu Paaka and Himi Te Nana.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 September, 2006 8:18 pm
Nyrenea OWC
(@nyrenea-owc)

quote:

On the right-hand side of my great grandmother's grave is one Hiria Te Nana interred at the Christ Church cemetery in Kororareka [Russell].
My great grandmother, Ria Hakaraia died in 1896-7. I believe this is the mother of Wiremu Paaka and Himi Te Nana.

thanks very much i was telling my sister and she said to contact u cause u would know but couldnt remember your name till she saw your username from your response.lol. Anyways do you know her maiden name by any chance? if not kei te pai but thanks for the info...kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 September, 2006 8:44 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora koe Nyrenea,

Hiria's father was Te Nana 2 and her mother was Hinetara, if I'm not mistaken. I am in Auckland at the mo and all my whakapapa and notes are back at home in Te Rawhiti. I'll email the whakapapa when I get home [whenever that'll be].
Keep in touch.

Ma te wa...

na Hohaia Hakaraia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 September, 2006 9:48 pm
Purerehua OWC
(@purerehua-owc)

Kia Ora korua,
May I ask if there is/was a transliteration for the ingoa Clendon?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 January, 2007 12:57 am
Share: