Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE PEINGA of Ngati Maniapoto POUTU of Ngati Raukawa  

RSS
willa
(@willa)

Kia Ora I am needing help with whakapapa to my Great great Grandmother Waana Kahukopeka Pororua born 1820's Pokuru Te Awamutu. She married George Gage a trader on the Waipa River. Waana's Mother was Te Peinga of Ngati Maniapoto,Ngati Raukawa and Ngati Huiao. Her Father was Poutu born at Maungatutu of Ngati Raukawa. Te Peinga whakapapas to Kuia
Te Rataumaru
Tiniuhi
Te Kopana
Uruopewa
Tangaroakino
I would very much like to know about Waana and where she is buried.
If anyone can guide me in my search I would be very grateful.

Posted : 23 August, 2006 9:58 am
Keryn OWC
(@keryn-owc)

Hi I am Sarah Allen's great great great grandaughter
Sarah was Mary Gages daughter and of course Waana (Poroua) Gage's daughter. I have photo of Waana and have been told the same photo is at Turahia Marae between Paeroa and Te Aroha and she may be there.
Our family has no idea where Mary is and thought she may have been in Ragalan. Im on the same search as you, what is your link down from Mary?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 August, 2006 12:36 pm
Keryn OWC
(@keryn-owc)

Hi Suevw, Just read through your info on the Allen side to discover you are Williams grandaughter, so Sarah who is my great x2 not x3 grandmother must have been one of the older sisters who raised him, My grandmothers has a bit of info about the family going to Opotiki. Did you contact Rikirangi Gage and come up with any info.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 August, 2006 1:07 pm
willa
(@willa)

Kia Ora Keryn Good to have contact with another descendant of Waana Pororua.Many thanks for your reply. I will send you an email with more information.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 August, 2006 11:24 am
Share: