Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Te Rangiata,niece of maniapoto chief,Te Kanawa.and the mother of Annie Laurie.  

RSS
cynthia peek OWC
(@cynthia-peek-owc)

I am a direct descent of Te Rangiata and wanting to know the name of my marae and hapu,and any other information Pertaining to these tipuna.

Posted : 05 August, 2005 11:37 am
jwilliams OWC
(@jwilliams-owc)

Hi Cynthia,

We may have talked before, but I can't remember. I too am a descendant of Te Rangiata (I think). I have a website about Annie Laurie at

http://annielaurie.schtuff.com/

Can I ask you how you know that Te Rangiata is Annie's mother? If it was from me or my site, that information it probably true, but by no means certain.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 January, 2006 10:13 pm
tutu OWC
(@tutu-owc)

Hello jwilliams,

My husband is also related, though the name we have is Te Rangiina - as being the daughter of Tuhoro Te Kanawa. I am assuming that she is the same (I could be wrong?) Her siblings were Peti Herewini and Wiremu Te Wheoro.
Would like to hear from you.
My e-mail address is jllusis@actrix.co.nz
Kind regards
Lee-Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 December, 2006 7:12 pm
Dayvee OWC
(@dayvee-owc)

Kiaora Cynthia,I also have her as Te Rangiina.If you want her mothers hapu it is Ngati Hinetu from Kahotea,however if it is her fathers, there are many hapu you trace back to and so many marae you can claim as yours eg Ngati Hine of Okarea,Ngati Naho of Rangiriri Ngati Hikairo of Waipapa(Kawhia) to name a few.Naaku iti noa Dave

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 January, 2007 8:51 pm
mermaid OWC
(@mermaid-owc)

Just to add to the confusion... I have a book called Whareangaanga Te Kanawa - He Whakamarumaru Mo Te Whanau 1992 by Te Muri Turner (nee Te Kanawa).

This book lists Tuhoro Te Kanawa children as

(F) - Poihaere
(M) - Meihana Tuwhainoa
(F) - Parekaihina
(M) - Te Kare
(M) - Tuwhainoa
(F) - Tauke

It is my understanding that Poihaere was also known as Rangiaho and was a junior wife to King Tawhiao. If Poihaere is, in fact, the person you are referring to she is listed in the 1908 Ngati Maniapoto Maori Voters Roll as Ngati Uekaha and living at Otorohanga.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 January, 2008 7:58 pm
Share: