Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE RANGIITA and WAITAPU: My tipuna  

RSS
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

kia ora,

I am told by my grandparents before deceased, both were very close cousins.
which I have whakapapa, records and lands. Its now left to my dad solely by his parents. My father passed away 1996. And Now I hold the whakapapa being the tuakana in the whanau, e nga wa o mua.

Go back long time ago, the kingitanga hui held at PUKAWA marae, south Taupo.

Something has bugged me, my grandmother had alot to do with the lands at pukawa. Thought it was belong to the kingitanga tribe,

Maybe there is a close connection somewhere but names changed.

I certainly know my links is very close connection with Te Rangiita and Waitapu.

Anyone know Te Rangiita has use another name? I believe so.

Posted : 19 December, 2004 5:33 pm
ddblue
(@ddblue)

Kia ora Huia, I would suggest you start with the Maori Land Court Minute Books pertaining the area or parcels of land you know about. Name or AKA's are usually picked up here. If your grand-parents and father where collecting rent monies from such land it maybe held in the Govt. Coffer's. Thats if it has not been past on to you. Again unless the land was confiscated due to colonialism of Aoteroa you would need to make contact with the controlling body who would have shareholders and that could include small and large parcels of land. Hope this is of some use to you. Kia kaha!
Katene

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2005 9:27 am
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

kia ora ddblue,

sorry for late reply. I will contact MLC,& see if any info there.

kia ora
huiabird

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2005 2:20 am
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

kia ora ddblue,

Very interesting info got from MLC.
Thank-you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 March, 2005 6:32 pm
ddblue
(@ddblue)

Kia ora huiabird,

As long as your are moving forward with your investigation. Kia kaha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 March, 2005 10:30 pm
Taimemeharangi OWC
(@taimemeharangi-owc)

Kia ora

Just wondering whether you answered your questions by the info you received from MLC? I have a slightly different issue which is so ongoing that....well. But mine also pertains to lands around the Lake.I would love to have every court minute relating to mine but unless I had access to archives for a month??!! I will have to just keep requesting specifics!! I have been reading the 1993 Te Ture Whenua Act trying to map my case but engari workin from Australia is hard. Someone must look out for the Whanau though cause im sorry to say that some Shifty business goes on......So Sad but true,

Cheers,
Donna

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 June, 2005 6:07 pm
Share: