Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE TANA, Kumeroa  

RSS
Echo OWC
(@echo-owc)

I am looking for my maternal grandmother's natural parents' ancestry. My grandmother was Meikura Kumeroa Potaka born 1901. She was whangai of Rora and Utiku Potaka. Her natural parents were Kumeroa Te Tana and Ngaako Tunango. I would appreciate any information.

Kia ora!

Posted : 30 March, 2006 10:12 pm
kiriwai
(@kiriwai)

Kiaora
do you know where her natural parents were from.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2006 1:38 am
Echo OWC
(@echo-owc)

Kia ora Kiriwai

My grandmother's natural parents were from Parikino marae (up the Wanganui river).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2006 3:46 pm
hinera23 OWC
(@hinera23-owc)

Hi my name is Hinera, my great grandfathers name is was Utiku Potaka and i live in Wanganui... my great-grandfather Utiku Potaka was killed in a car accident years and years ago while he fell asleep at the wheel of the car on the bridge and died on the way to palmerston north hospital..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 July, 2006 9:27 pm
kiriwai
(@kiriwai)

kia ora Echo
just catching up.
Have you had any more info about your tipuna yet.

Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 October, 2006 9:58 pm
teurumanao OWC
(@teurumanao-owc)

Tena koe Echo

You have definite Parkino and other Whanganui River Hapu links. The whanau at Parikino have a website www.tuera-hinearo.iwi.nz check this site out and email your whanau to make the connections.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 December, 2006 7:45 pm
Share: