Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE TANIWHA, Te Huingatini.  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Ezykap1 OWC
(@ezykap1-owc)

Kiaora,

Im just trying to find anybody who knows of any whanau or relatives who link to Te Huingatini Te Taniwha. My mother-in Law has put together a whakapapa book but has only one missing Link and it would be greatly appreciated if anyone knew of the Kuia above. This Kuia has links to the Tauranga district.

Thanks

Char.

Posted : 18 March, 2005 1:40 pm
meema OWC
(@meema-owc)

Kia ora Char. As far as I know Te Huingatini Te Taniwha was from the Waikato area. She married twice, before eventually marrying Henare Hall aka Henry Hall or Hurimaunga Te Maanga from Ngati Tuwharetoa. They lived in both the Waikato and Taupo areas and had a number of children. One of those children was George Te Oti Hall and he travelled to Tauranga and married Mariana Borell of the Pirirakau hapu of the Ngati Ranginui Iwi in Tauranga. George and Mariana lived near where the Paparoa Marae now stands in Te Puna. They had a number of children, including Harold Hall aka Harry or Tiddles, who was my father. So Te Huingatini Te Taniwha is my Great Grandmother. I don’t know where Te Huingatini is buried but I know that Henare Hall is buried in our family urupa in Te Puna. I have a photo of Te Huingatini. I could scan a copy and send it to you if you haven’t got one already. Noho ora mai, Meegan Hall.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2005 1:10 am
toosick OWC
(@toosick-owc)

Kia Ora,
Huingatini Te Taniwha's other husband was William Berryman from Pipiriki area, Wanganui. Their children were Arthur, Stanley and Te Waiehu. Stanley Mohi Berryman married Te Oke Tarawhiti fromt he Huntly, Waikato area and they had a number of children. One of those children was Thomas Mohi Berryman who married Rangitukua Wharekura and their son Ernest is my husband. Stanley had another wife Liley Snowden. I can send you copies of the geneological lines in more detail if you want...Ka kite...Karen Berryman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 December, 2005 12:53 am
toosick OWC
(@toosick-owc)

Kia Ora,
If anyone has photographs of Huingatini Te Taniwha they would be greatly appreciated. When I teach my children about their ancestors and we can only give them a name it seems like something is missing but when they can also identify that person by a photo of them it has deeper meaning. Also if anyone has any information on her life that would be greatly appreciated. My email address is ernby@hotmail.com...ka kit te ano....Karen Berryman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 December, 2005 11:31 am
toosick OWC
(@toosick-owc)

Kia Ora,
Just a error on the email address it should read ernyb@hotmail.com ka ki te Karen Berryman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 December, 2005 1:48 pm
ikaptm OWC
(@ikaptm-owc)

kia ora

just wondering if you received the photo which I sent... if not please let me know and I will resend.

ikaptm

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 December, 2005 9:30 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora
Just wondering if your Kuia ever live in Pirongia

Kaye-Kaye

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 December, 2005 9:49 pm
toosick OWC
(@toosick-owc)

Kia Ora, (ikaptm)

No, I think my email inbox is full so I will get you to resend the photo of Huingatini to my daughters email address, mouseebrown@hotmail.com, thanks Toosick

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 December, 2005 1:32 am
toosick OWC
(@toosick-owc)

Kia Ora ikaptm,
Thanks so much for sending the photo to my daughters email address. She's seems quite young in the photo, you couldn't tell me how old could you?
Me and my husband were so excited to see a photograph of her. He could see similarities in the facial features of Huingtini and some of his Uncle's and Aunties. We thank you and will treasure this photograph along with any other information you may have about her. We would love to know more about her character and personality and we also noticed from the photo she had a moko, any information you can give us that we can pass to our children about their great great grandmother would be priceless!! Thanks another picture in the puzzle has been filled...arohanui Karen Berryman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 December, 2005 1:47 am
ikaptm OWC
(@ikaptm-owc)

I have sent you a private message with contact details for a member of maori.org from whom I received the photo. Like me she descends from the Hall whanau, hopefully she may have some stories to share with us about our great grandmother.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 December, 2005 11:37 pm
smurfee2 OWC
(@smurfee2-owc)

Kia ora,

I too have connections to Huingatini. As far as I know, my grandmother (now deceased) maybe related to her thru the Berryman connection. Someone mentioned they have a pic of Huingatini, I was wondering, if it's at all possible, to get a look at this pic as like many, it will put face value to our whakapapa.

Cheers Mervi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 July, 2006 2:13 am
toosick OWC
(@toosick-owc)

Kia Ora,
Just wondering how you are connected to Huingatini Te Taniwha through the Berryman's. Perhaps we can share information..Toosick

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 October, 2006 6:43 pm
manu_tekowhai@hotmail.com OWC
(@manu_tekowhaihotmail-com-owc)

Tena Koe toosick,
I got a message on my e-mail saying tha tyou had sent me a private message re Dalvanius Prime. Could you please send it to my e-mail please.
thanking you .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 October, 2006 7:20 am
azzarian
(@azzarian)

Hi this is a message for Joan (Manu Tekowhai@hotmail.com) Can you send me a email re: Taepa whanau & rapaki. I have been trying to send you a message but it keeps bouncing back to me. Email addy is taepawhanau@hotmail.com.
Cheers
Rukuwai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 October, 2006 10:15 am
ani_girl OWC
(@ani_girl-owc)

Hey Char it's Ani from Te Kakano. Um well Huingatini is my 2X great grandmother on the Hall side, I come from her tamahine Vida a.k.a Te Mare. My grand aunt in Te Kuiti knows abit about her. Huingatini lived at Maungatautari as a child, um I think her mother was from there. Um yup they did live in Taupo. I know korero on her father but it's best coming from aunty. just give us an email or call into the centre and we'll have a catch up. My mum looks heaps like Huingatini too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 December, 2006 12:47 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: