Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE TEIRA?, Ihaka - Help me find my whakapapa  

RSS
Atherton OWC
(@atherton-owc)

Kia Ora,

I am trying to find information about Ihaka Te Teira of Peria.

I know he had a daughter Rosanna (nee Ihaka ?) who married James Berghan in 1856. They had eight children. I am a descendant through one of the Berghan children. I associate myself to Ngati Kahu and looking to findout my whakapapa

Any help would be appreciated.

Atherton

Posted : 17 July, 2006 2:16 pm
Emma Beryl Gordon OWC
(@emma-beryl-gordon-owc)

I am also looking for information about the tupuna of Te Teira Ihaka. In the Muriwhenua Land Report Chapter 3, it mentions that Te Teira claimed connections with Panakareao and Pororua. Pankareao was of Te Rarawa and Ngati Kahu descent. Pororua associated himself with Nga Puhi, although he had Te Rarawa connections too.

Have a look at this document which is online, its very fascinating.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 February, 2008 7:04 pm
Share: