Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE WHERU: Tipuna from Nga Puhi  

RSS
Hineaio OWC
(@hineaio-owc)

Kia ora,

I have found a piece of whakapapa tracing my Kahungunu,Whanau-a-Apanui whanau to Nga Puhi but only have a small segment of whakapapa to go on.

I am looking for the parents of Te Waha, Te Waihuka and Te Wheru (siblings)from Nga Puhi.

The whakapapa I have states that Te Waha descendents maybe from Kaikohe. Te Waihuka's descendents are the Te Tai, Maioha, Heke, and Puriri whanau from Kaikohe and Rawhiti.

Te Wheru had Te Awhi(w) who married Mauhikitia. Mauhikitia's parents are Tukawau and Muritere.

Te Awhi and Mauhikitia had Te Kauae and Hore/Hone Te Ngaua/ Hare Te Ngawa?.

The descendents of Te Kauae are the Tautari whanau from Orakei.

Descendents of Hare Te Ngawa are the Nepia whanau(my whanau from Nuhaka/Te Kaha), the Yorke whanau from Paihia, Winiama whanau from Karetu?,and Smith whanau from Auckland.

Any korero about these tipuna, whakapapa, hapu etc would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by - Hineaio on Apr 22 2005 4:36:11 PM

Posted : 15 April, 2005 5:30 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe Hineaio,

If you go to the www.familysearch.org you can try putting Waihuka, Waha and Wheru into the lastname (without the Te) and see if you can piece together any info from there. Likewise, you could also do a search for Mauhikitia as there is some info there. However, be aware that not all info in that site is accurate!

Another option would be to look in the links section of maori.org.nz in the Whakapapa / Whanau Sites and visit the Heke whanau sites. There are quite a few whanau sites, but once in the links section do a search for Heke and they will come up.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 May, 2005 11:36 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Hineaio,

Te Waihuka is a descendant of the hapu of Ngai Tawake of Nga Puhi. Tangopo is a parent of Te Waihuka. Tangopo's sister is Te Pehirangi. Te Pehirangi is the mother of Te Hotete and the grandmother of Hongi Hika.
Mauhikitia is a descendant of Te Ngare Raumati whom married Te Awhi of Nga Puhi.
Email me for the rest.

Na Hohaia Hakaraia II

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 September, 2005 5:42 pm
Hineaio3 OWC
(@hineaio3-owc)

KIa ora Hohaia,

Thank you for your reply. I tried to email you but the email didnt go through, have you got a new email address??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 August, 2006 12:54 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena Koe Hineaio3,

My email addy is:
hohaia2@kol.co.nz
Look forward to your reply.

Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 August, 2006 9:41 pm