Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

THORPE TOPI, Arthur or Aata  

RSS
CTR_sydney OWC
(@ctr_sydney-owc)

My Great Grandfather Arthur Thorpe used to live in Wairoa around the early 1900's. He had a relationship with Iripeti/Irihapeti PIRIHI.
My grandmother was conceived. May THORPE born 1905. She was the only child from this union. Arthur left the Wairoa district after they were unsuccessful in eloping. I believe he then left the district and travelled and lived in the South Island. Arthur would have been born around 1879. His family had a farm in the Wairoa district. His father

Would love any feedback.

Thanks

Posted : 17 May, 2006 9:48 pm
kotare OWC
(@kotare-owc)

Hi Karen,
I have sent you an email regarding Martha Hoete, any relation?
Kotare

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2006 8:24 am
tutu OWC
(@tutu-owc)

Kia Ora Karen,

I'm not sure if you have seen this site by Lorraine Soloman - www.geocities.com/lorrainesolo/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 July, 2006 10:03 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

heres another to take a look at www.nzgeneology.rootschat.net/nuhaka2.html
Another place on that site is Hawkes Bay. Alot of good history in there too, I think your Nan married Matiu Smith. Goodluck with your search.

Edited by - edwards.jacqueline on Oct 17 2006 6:23:30 PM

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 September, 2006 12:51 am
mahitoi OWC
(@mahitoi-owc)

quote:

My Great Grandfather Arthur Thorpe used to live in Wairoa around the early 1900's. He had a relationship with Iripeti/Irihapeti PIRIHI.
My grandmother was conceived. May THORPE born 1905. She was the only child from this union. Arthur left the Wairoa district after they were unsuccessful in eloping. I believe he then left the district and travelled and lived in the South Island. Arthur would have been born around 1879. His family had a farm in the Wairoa district. His father

Would love any feedback.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 February, 2007 5:33 pm
mahitoi OWC
(@mahitoi-owc)

Kia ora
Just to add to your documentation
Irihapeti married Hoete or Waiariki
they had 2 children son Ahipene Hoete of Taheke-Rotorua and daugther Ruiha Hoete.
Irihapeti father was Whatapawhara and her mother was Hineringa
I'm not quite sure if this is the same Irihapeti?

Would love any feedback.

Thanks
[/quote]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 February, 2007 5:42 pm
kotiro71 OWC
(@kotiro71-owc)

Kia ora

Irihapeti (Peti)was a daughter of Pirihi Kaihote and Taraipine Lewis. After her relationship with Arthur Thorpe she had another with Harry Chase, giving birth to a son (George Nepia). Her last (husband) was Te Akonga Mohi...Many of their uri live in Hastings...

quote:

Kia ora
Just to add to your documentation
Irihapeti married Hoete or Waiariki
they had 2 children son Ahipene Hoete of Taheke-Rotorua and daugther Ruiha Hoete.
Irihapeti father was Whatapawhara and her mother was Hineringa
I'm not quite sure if this is the same Irihapeti?

Would love any feedback.

Thanks

[/quote]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 February, 2007 7:43 pm
kotiro71 OWC
(@kotiro71-owc)

Sorry...forgot to mention that she married Peta Nepia also

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 February, 2007 7:45 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora ano k.sadler ma,
The name I found for Arthurs parents were Topi and Tera, although these are only oral sources could be somewhere to start from start, ah the english equivalent would be Tobi - Tobey Thorpe. Ah, the name for Peta I have is Nepia Peta Piripoi, it was still common to have fathers first name become the childrens surname and George in my info is the child of Irihapeti and Nepia.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 February, 2007 2:19 pm
kotiro71 OWC
(@kotiro71-owc)

Kia ora all...one would naturally assume that George is the son of Peta Nepia...perhaps because he grew up with them...however, this was only after the age of 8...before then, he was raised by his kuia Taraipine Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 February, 2007 6:45 am
Share: