Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TIPENE, Stephen  

RSS
Leahw
(@leahw)

Does anyone know this man or have him on their whakapapa? He is my grandmother's brother. His father was Tamati TIPENE, later changed to a hyphenated name - (PAHU-TIPENE). Stephen was nicknamed 'FRISCO'; he had a brother named Kanapu, who was also known as 'CHARLIE'. There are a couple of other brothers, and a few sisters. This TIPENE Whanau are from the Oturu Marae. Any information is a big help to me.

Posted : 30 September, 2005 1:25 pm
virtue
(@virtue)

kia ora leah if you are still coming to this site(2005 long time ago)kanapu(charlie)ti pene was my grandfather as far as i know my grandfather was the second eldest child of hape pahu tamati (m)and makarita tipene (nee kemp)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 January, 2008 9:04 pm
virtue
(@virtue)

i am only just starting my own whakapapa so any information that you may have could help .i have heard the name uncle frisco quite often around kaitaia/pukepoto/oturu not too sure if it is the same frisco or a passed down nickname...for abit of information kanapu had 21 children from 2 marriages 1st wife was ereti puhipi..2nd wife was edna shadbolt ..i wont list all his kids (lol)unless you want me to

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 January, 2008 9:19 pm
Share: