Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TIPENE,Whangatauatia  

RSS
SOWTER OWC
(@sowter-owc)

The person I am searching for is my grandmother's father.Her name is Raiha Tipene,who married my grandfather Te Atarangi Paniora,from Waipoua Settlement Northland,20 minutes out side Dargaville.My grandmother's father's name is Whangatatauatia Tipene,and his wife's name Iritana Auraki TAHU.My grandmother was born on 1 May 1913 in RIPIA Dargaville.If there's any body out there who can help me Please.

Posted : 25 May, 2005 1:42 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe SOWTER,

If you make sure you are in the Whakapapa Club and do a search for Tipene you will find many listings where you may be able to find the information for the exact whanau you are looking for.

Also, if you go to www.familysearch.org and put Tahu in the surname, setting the country to New Zealand, you will be able to find records for the Tahu whanau there. You can also do the same for the surname Tipene - there are HEAPS!!!

Good luck

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 June, 2005 1:33 pm
motatau_4life OWC
(@motatau_4life-owc)

Tena Koe SOWTER my mums a Tipene not sure if we the same whanau of Tipene but shes a Tipene from Motatau but i can ask her if she knew a Whangatatauatia Tipene tho!

Mauri Ora!!
SWEETIE

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 June, 2005 1:09 pm
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

Teena koe check new site on genology.Taurua/Reihana and more.Awesome collection of mahi.Best site very helpful resource.
No te Atua taatu katoa.
Na,Wi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 June, 2005 10:28 pm
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

Teena koe check new site on genology.Taurua/Reihana and more.Awesome collection of mahi.Best site very helpful resource.
No te Atua taatu katoa.
Na,Wi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 June, 2005 10:29 pm
Snow Tane OWC
(@snow-tane-owc)

Kia Cuz, Hope you find our our Great Grandfathers whakapapa. I have been told he is buried at Matauri Bay.

Taoho Tane

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 February, 2007 8:56 pm
Boycek33
(@boycek33)

Kia Ora,

My grandfather was Rapaeawha Whanga Tipene, he was your grandmothers brother.  I have his father as Whangatauatia Hona Tipene, and his father as Hona Tipene 1817 & mother as Ngahemo Whangatauatia 1821.  Did your grandmother live in Hobsonville in or around the 1980s, and did she have a goitre?

Kim Boyce

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 February, 2019 4:17 am
Boycek33
(@boycek33)

Can anyone help me please?  I am trying to find out which urupa my great grandparents Whangatauatia Hona Tipene and Iritana Auraki Tahu are buried in?  My grandfather was Rapaeawha Whanga Tipene, he was whangai to his Aunty Mihiterina Hona Tipene and Te Wiremu Pumipi, my grandfathers name was then changed to Arther Percival Pumipi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 February, 2019 4:27 am
Share: