Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TITOKO  

RSS
Toni Martin
(@toni-martin)

I am looking for any information on the name Titoko, especially the name Te Uru Keiha Titoko who married Hori Clay. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Posted : 28 January, 2007 1:07 pm
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

I am looking for any information on the name Titoko, especially the name Te Uru Keiha Titoko who married Hori Clay. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

According to Koopu Erueti, the original Titoko was a tohunga of Te Whakatohea iwi. A composition of his is Waiata 223 in Nga Moteatea Vol 3. It would be probable that he is a tipuna of Te Uru Keiha as Clay is certainly a Whakatohea name. You should be able to get some information on that family in Opotiki as the first Clay was a British soldier who came to fight in the area. Sorry, you probably already know this and I'm teaching you to suck eggs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 January, 2007 7:48 pm
latisha.clay OWC
(@latisha-clay-owc)

Tena koe,

my grandfather is Michael Clay was wondering if anyone has any information regarding which iwi we originate from - I have heard whakatoea and tuhoe?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 April, 2007 10:11 pm
tehaate OWC
(@tehaate-owc)

Titoko is my maiden name and related to the clay whanau and like you don't know much about this whanau whakapapa.That was very interesting Te Paetahi Kiora Patti

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 November, 2007 8:36 pm
Share: