Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

toarangitira  

RSS
Whale rider OWC
(@whale-rider-owc)

Kia ora Whanau

E hara ahau i te tangata mohio
E ngari Aroha mai

Please help me with any information about the above Tupuna and any possible connection with my Tupuna Puangihau Moerua hopefully then I maybe able to solve the missing link to my wakapapa

Posted : 21 November, 2006 9:57 pm
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Whale rider,

Do a Google search of "FamilySearch.org" for your Tipuna.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 November, 2006 10:53 am
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Aroha Mai Whale rider,

This is the search 'home page' for that site.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/search/frameset_search.asp

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 November, 2006 11:14 am
Whale rider OWC
(@whale-rider-owc)

Kia ora Aotearoa

I have found info on other tupuna and tipuna from google Natanahira Te Moerua who is maybe a Nephew or Brother and Te Moerua tahi or toru who I am not sure if they are the father or brother now ? hopefully someone here may know Makere Reneti and how I might to able to contact her

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2006 5:56 am
matahuru OWC
(@matahuru-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora Whale Rider

Just one quick question please. Are you tainui or Ngati Porou? Your name suggests Porourangi yet the tupuna name you ask of is Tainui or, we have someone of the same name in tainui whakapapa.

The Toarangatira I speak of is the ancestor of Ngati Toa, the tribe of Te Rauparaha, creator of the haka Ka mate Ka mate and reknown warrior in his time.

Would this be the same tupuna?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2006 8:04 am
Whale rider OWC
(@whale-rider-owc)

kia ora Matahuhur

Please for give my arrogance I am connected to the tainui waka if Puangihau Moerua is connect Te Rauparaha through Toa rangitira it would then be a sad closed chapter for pass history of my Tupuna or Tipuna who may have been a relative to Te Rauparaha

E hara ahau i te tangata mohio E ngari Aroha mai

Ko Tainui te Waka
Ko Pirongia te Maunga
Ko Waipa te awa
Ko Ngati Maniapoto te iwi
Ko Kinohaku te hapu
Ko Te Moerua Tahi Te Tangata
Ko Puangihau me Te Moerua rua me Te Moerua Toru Te Tupuna
Ko Wakaparu Moerua me Natanahira Te Moerua Te Tipuna
Ko Honi Terata Moerua Te Matua
Ko Te Korapatu me Marakopa te Marae
Ko Toi Moerua Ahua

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2006 7:52 pm
maniapoto_jack OWC
(@maniapoto_jack-owc)

Kiaora whalerider!

My whanaus from your neck of the woods, but we come from a different hapu, although we have connection to Kinohaku. There are still kaumaatua back home that would have info on your tuupuna, are u in contact or able to go back to your marae?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2006 8:48 pm
Whale rider OWC
(@whale-rider-owc)

Kia ora Maniapoto jack

I am going back home this sunday for a meeting but the problem is my matua was the last Kaumaatua Peter Kaa of Marakopa who I believe is some where in Tamaki makaurau maybe my only hope beside Makere Reneti

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2006 11:11 pm
matahuru OWC
(@matahuru-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora ehoa. ka mohio au to kainga. I have been to many poukai at Marakopa.

Te Rauparaha was a real warrior. Be proud to be Ngati Toa. They were once a powerful force in this country and no doubt the mana of his descendents is testament to that. There was much to admire about Te Rau as he was sometimes called and Ngati Toa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 November, 2006 12:08 am
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora Whalerider I guess that Uncle Johnny did not explain to you that Uncle Peter Hotu is your connection to Puangihau. One of our other whanau often responds to patai here also, unfortunately I am unable to provide his handle but he is Uncle Jack's son and he would clarify the whakapapa for Puangihau through Wetini. I have that korero but I would prefer to leave that to Puangihau's uri. In the meantime I will see if I have his email address. You can email me through this medium if you prefer.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 May, 2007 12:58 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora ano I will hope that this will help you a little more.
Te Moerua (1)= Nihoniho
Ka heke iho ko
Te Whakaparu = Ramari
Ka heke iho ko
Natanahira = Rangimurua
Ka heke iho ko
(a)Te Moerua + Puangihau (2) + Mamae (Noke)
3 siblings
(a)Te Moerua, Puangihau and Mamae (aka Noke)

Na Puangihau (Hotu whanau & othrs); Na Mamae (Tapara Whanau & othrs)

Na (a)Te Moerua = Waihoto (w1)
Ka heke iho ko
Te Rirorangawhenua, Waipaera, Rangihoea.
(a)Te Moerua = Waimapuna (w2)
Ka heke iho ko
11 siblings then Te Whakaparu = Pare
Ka heke iho ko
Uncle and his siblings
From the union of Te Moerua = Waimapuna come Joseph, Martin (Matana), Te Kanawa, Kawerau, Tapara, Moerua (Mania), Davis, Toroa & Kira, Houpapa (Pai) and then your Koroua, Moerua & othrs.
My kuia is Punaruku, a daughter of Te Moerua and Waimapuna whose uri are Tauroa Taute's whanau, Tapara, Haupokia, Haereiti, Turu, Kawerau, Kete-Kawhena,Wong,Tapara and others.
No reira ka nui taku aroha ki a koutou e kimi nei i o tatou tatairanga tupuna, he iti noiho enei korero engari i roto e era kia tau nga manaakitanga o te hunga o runga rawa ki waenganui i a tatou.

Edited by - Y2ranga on Jan 29 2008 9:09:45 PM

Edited by - Y2ranga on Jan 29 2008 9:17:25 PM

Edited by - Y2ranga on Mar 09 2008 4:01:37 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 January, 2008 9:04 pm
Whale rider OWC
(@whale-rider-owc)

Kia ora Y2

Sorry for taking so long to reply I have found this site to be very intriguing also
Thank you for adding to my kite of knowledge it seem, I have open a Pandora's boxes
with my curiosity of our Te Tangata in which, I am glad, I now have a clear picture
of the past and the future of what I need to do

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 March, 2008 11:12 pm
Share: