Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TOM REHUA - TEWHAA REWHAA  

RSS
Hotutaua OWC
(@hotutaua-owc)

I am Looking for any history on my grandfather Tom Rehua, used to break in wild horses, South waikato, King Country, Taupo region, and maybe Rotorua area. About the years 1940s to 60s. Burried in Parawera near Te Awamutu. Also aka Tewhaa Rewhaa, Rehua Te Parapara, Heke Te Parapara, Tome Rehua married to Rangimarie Hapimana.

Posted : 07 November, 2005 12:01 pm
romi
 romi
(@romi)

Tena koe
According to my information, Rangimarie Hapimana (d.1929) was the daughter of Rangira Hapimana (b.1845-d.1917) and Whatarangi Ngati(d.1930).
It appeared they lived around the Clevedon district in those days with blood ties to Tainui, Hauraki and Te Ati Awa.
The Rehua name is a descended from Keho and Kuku, Ngakete and others prominent in the whakapapa of Ngati Mahuta (Tainui).
Tuki Rehua lives in Glen Innes. His father was Hoori Rehua of Te Awamutu. You might like to contact him. Sorry, don't know his number.
Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 November, 2005 7:09 am
Hotutaua OWC
(@hotutaua-owc)

Kia ora Romi, thank you for your reply on Tom Rehua. Man such helpfull information.
The Rangimarei Hapimana I was refering to has land at Kawakawa bay and she died in 1968, and was buried at Te Taumata Marae Parawera,near Kihikihi, Tom Rehua is beried in the same urupa.I will try and get intouch with Hoori Rehua and see what comes out of it. It is very interesting that the Rehua name is connected to Ngati Mahuta ( Tainui ) once again thank you, If You do come accross some more information please could you please reply.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 November, 2005 8:51 am
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Kia ora
Not sure were closed connection to
Paroa Hapimana-Te Huriwaka-nui?
He was the Paramount Chief of Taupo,
born 1805-died 02/11/1869.
His parents Te korohiko & matata.
Paroa Hapimana renuion coming year 2006 at pukawa marae, Turangi.
This depends when pukawa marae finish renovated the Opening day for the kingitanga.

Hope it helps

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 November, 2005 10:55 am
Hotutaua OWC
(@hotutaua-owc)

Kia ora huiabird it might help thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 November, 2005 1:04 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora Hotutaua,

The name Hapimana and Rehua is very familiar to our whanau at Okapu-Aotea as they are well tied in. Uncle Miki Apiti might be able to help you otherwise Nanni Nettie Rehua can help you as she is very good at remebering ties and people of old days and she would love the catch up she lives in 10 Te Tomo street Te Awamutu. I think Tom Rehua and Rapirapi Mahara were good friends and guns on the horses.
I hope this has helped any way

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 November, 2005 8:49 am
Hotutaua OWC
(@hotutaua-owc)

Thanks Kaye Kaye Aunty Nettie is My Mums Sister in law Her hubby and My Mum were Brother and Sister

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 November, 2005 9:25 am
parukuri OWC
(@parukuri-owc)

YES AS HOTUTAUA HAD WRITTEN AUNTY NETTIE JUST PASSED AWAY A FEW WEEKS AGO I AM NOT WHANAU TO HER BUT YES SHE MARRIED A REHUA MY PARTNER IS PART OF THE WHANAU THE WHANAU TOOK HER BACK TO PARAWERA

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2007 6:56 pm
Share: