Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TOPINE  

RSS
curren
(@curren)

Looking for infomation on the Topine family from Taranaki and where does the Surname come.

Posted : 13 February, 2008 5:35 pm
Ngamotu34
(@ngamotu34)
Eminent Member

Te Mamaku, rangatira of Maraekowhai pa on Upper Whanganui R. on Ohura R. junction, was baptised by Rev.Richard Taylor about 1852 & named after Taylor's friend James Stovin, - Hemi Topine in Maori.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2008 4:22 am
atareta OWC
(@atareta-owc)

I married a Topine from Motunui Waitara, who is from a family of 2 girls and 3 boys, their parents Tamarangi (Rangi) and Joyce Stokes seperated when the children were young. We would like some information on his tupuna so our moko will know where she comes from.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 March, 2008 9:10 pm
curren
(@curren)

Hi you could contact lynne she lives in Auckland i do have her number but at the mo not sure where its in the book she lives with her husband Bruce and her 3 daughters. Not sure where tony is but we were all together when maurice went.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 March, 2008 8:46 pm
Ngamotu34
(@ngamotu34)
Eminent Member

Have you received any of my emails? Have alot to share with you & ask of you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 March, 2008 6:02 am
atareta OWC
(@atareta-owc)

Hello Curren I will get in touch with Lynne thru her sister Jan Iam their sister in law but have not been in touch with them often enough. We took Maurice home to Waitara Eddie drove the van. Tony I think is in Rotorua Hoping to get in touch with all. We have lived in the South Island since 1987.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 March, 2008 3:16 pm
atareta OWC
(@atareta-owc)

Hello Ngamotu I havent received any email

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 March, 2008 3:19 pm
curren
(@curren)

hi ngamotu what do you know about his wife Ngatini

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 March, 2008 5:55 pm