Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TUARI - Hone  

RSS
Braveheart OWC
(@braveheart-owc)

Kia ora koutou
I am hoping that someone may help me with my whakapapa. I have this much but am wanting to know if there is any more and where they originated from.

TUARI - Hone

Hone had 4 children
Maraea Tuari who married Eruera Moeke
Horomona Tuari who married Waiomahau Ngawhare Rangitatai Mato
Kataraina Tuari - not known
Pera Rehutai Tuari - not known.

Horomona had a son Eruera Moeke Tuari who lived at Whareponga. Eru is my grandfather.

Dad died last year, so putting his whakapapa together and finding out where they are from will be final for me. We have heard that they do have Whanau Apanui connections.

If anyone has any information on this whakapapa I would really appreciate closing some gaps.

BRAVEHEART

Posted : 28 July, 2007 7:50 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Braveheart
I hope Im not being to forward by replying to your post as I am sure that you would be more interested in finding something more solid to go by to help in your search. If that is the case please accept my apology as I believe my limited amount of knowledge of our family whakapapa leaves me at abit of a disadvantage.

I 'interveiwed' (for a course paper...) my grandmother at great length almost three years ago and part of her korero was about her and her whanau, you see I was always and still am to this day, admittedly a little confused as to the specifics of her whanau ties... you see her maiden-name is Dewes, yet as a child I have fond memories of visiting an aged woman in the 80's affectionately known to me as Lil Nan who lived in Gisborne at the top of ? hill (I think it is Oxford St) in Kaiti with Nans sisters whom I was told were the Tuaris. Now my Nan married a Poutu from Hicks Bay and in the area she also had many relatives.

I checked out your profile and um, I was left wondering what area you currently live in, or whether you knew about the whanau being in Gissy but anyway, thats about all I know, when-ever I have gone through Gisborne I have always stopped in and visited before heading off again. I dare to admit that they are also your whanaunga, the Tuari whanau still live in that same street and luckily there are only a small handful of houses up there they will be easily located. To find what your looking for...

Good luck with that whanaunga
Kind Regards

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 August, 2007 11:15 pm
Braveheart OWC
(@braveheart-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Braveheart
I hope Im not being to forward by replying to your post as I am sure that you would be more interested in finding something more solid to go by to help in your search. If that is the case please accept my apology as I believe my limited amount of knowledge of our family whakapapa leaves me at abit of a disadvantage.

I 'interveiwed' (for a course paper...) my grandmother at great length almost three years ago and part of her korero was about her and her whanau, you see I was always and still am to this day, admittedly a little confused as to the specifics of her whanau ties... you see her maiden-name is Dewes, yet as a child I have fond memories of visiting an aged woman in the 80's affectionately known to me as Lil Nan who lived in Gisborne at the top of ? hill (I think it is Oxford St) in Kaiti with Nans sisters whom I was told were the Tuaris. Now my Nan married a Poutu from Hicks Bay and in the area she also had many relatives.

I checked out your profile and um, I was left wondering what area you currently live in, or whether you knew about the whanau being in Gissy but anyway, thats about all I know, when-ever I have gone through Gisborne I have always stopped in and visited before heading off again. I dare to admit that they are also your whanaunga, the Tuari whanau still live in that same street and luckily there are only a small handful of houses up there they will be easily located. To find what your looking for...

Good luck with that whanaunga
Kind Regards

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 August, 2007 4:56 pm
Braveheart OWC
(@braveheart-owc)

kia ora Jax
Just to let you know that it sounds like your Nan is my Aunty Sue, who married the Poutu and yes Nan did live in Oxford Street at the top of the hill, we use to call this the Top House. Nice to hear from you. Your Nan is a sister to my Dad, they have a big whanau that's for sure, I am hoping to actually find out where we are originally from which would be great. I should have did this when many of them were alive but never mind there is no time like the present aye.
Well will keep in touch soon and if you can find out anything please touch base with me.
Cheers for now
Missy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 August, 2007 5:03 pm
krismarshall OWC
(@krismarshall-owc)

[quote]
Kia ora braveheart
my name is donna and i live in wainuiomata wellington.There are alot of tuaris that reside here so if you look throught the phonebook for wellington youll probably see that you have some sort of connection to these ones as well.

pomarie Donna

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 December, 2007 9:45 am
Share: