Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TURETAHI, Riripeti  

RSS
my_whanau OWC
(@my_whanau-owc)

Kia ora

Trying to find any information (siblings, parents, grandparents, etc) on my great-grandmother Riripeti Turetahi who married Tuhanarete Kireona Pohatu. We believe her father was Ataria Turetahi. In the past six months, we have found that she was possibly from Tuwharetoa. We think she had a brother Tuteira Turetahi who lived in the Heretaunga/Waimarama area. Riripeti lived in the Hiruharama area on the East Coast (just out of Ruatoria).

Edited by - my_whanau on Mar 28 2005 2:35:09 PM

Edited by - my_whanau on Mar 30 2005 11:21:39 AM

Posted : 27 March, 2005 12:39 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora my_whanau,

Here are a few options for you to explore.

If you go to http://www.ltft.co.nz/ownership_register.asp?letter=t and wait for the page to load then scroll down you will find some Turetahi Whanau listed. Contact this site about them - it is in Ngati Tuwharetoa.

Also, http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~funeralnotices/Cemeterys.html there is a listing and if you want more details from there, then email them for more details.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 April, 2005 12:00 pm
my_whanau OWC
(@my_whanau-owc)

Kia ora poutokomana

Thank you for this - I have also seen these when searching on the internet. So will continue looking.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 April, 2005 7:40 pm
punaruku OWC
(@punaruku-owc)

Nga mihi

Riripeti and Tuhanarete are my great grandparents also. Tuteira is her nephew. Haere tahi raua ko tona tuahina a Patehepa ki Waimarama noho ai, moe ai i reira.

Ki to matou korero ko Akenehi Turetahi tona koka, kare i te mohio ko wai te papa a Riripeti ma ara me ona tungane.

Ko taku koroua te morehu o te whanau a Riripeti raua ko Tuhanarete.

Mauriora
Punaruku

quote:

Kia ora

Trying to find any information (siblings, parents, grandparents, etc) on my great-grandmother Riripeti Turetahi who married Tuhanarete Kireona Pohatu. We believe her father was Ataria Turetahi. In the past six months, we have found that she was possibly from Tuwharetoa. We think she had a brother Tuteira Turetahi who lived in the Heretaunga/Waimarama area. Riripeti lived in the Hiruharama area on the East Coast (just out of Ruatoria).

Edited by - my_whanau on Mar 28 2005 2:35:09 PM

Edited by - my_whanau on Mar 30 2005 11:21:39 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 September, 2005 4:28 pm
brooklyn OWC
(@brooklyn-owc)

My name is Iritana Turetahi of Taupo. My Grand-Father was Te Hati Archie Turetahi and from what I have been told, was a relation to Riripeti Turetahi, although I don`t know the connection yet. Please reply

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2005 9:39 pm
punaruku OWC
(@punaruku-owc)

Akenehi had seven children that we know of.
Wiremu, Miini, Pitiera, Mohi, Riripeti, Hati and Whare.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 November, 2005 3:30 pm
Share: