Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TUTAKI whanau  

RSS
Ma_MaOrI_213 OWC
(@ma_maori_213-owc)

kia ora koutou im jus on here trying to find anything out about my whakapapa my name is HAMUERA TUTAKI my parents are SAM AND LORETTA TUTAKI im from wanganui and i jus find out that we cum from a guy called TUTAKI TERINGITANGA....he was from waimea(king country area.) so if any of the cuzzies out there with any information can you please hook me up...

Posted : 30 May, 2005 10:20 pm
Tania Bell OWC
(@tania-bell-owc)

My mum nee Whatarangi is whanau to the Tutaki whanau down Bennydale way. My email is taniabell@xtra.co.nz. I will pass any questions on to my mum as we are closely related to the Tutaki whanau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 May, 2005 7:25 pm
Rereahu ahau OWC
(@rereahu-ahau-owc)

Tena Koe Hamuera?

Ae; he whanau koe, All the Tutaki whanau living in Wanganui is your whanau, You have many whanau living in Wanganui.

Your Uncle George Tutaki lives at the old mill we used to call Colliers Mill.

Check the King Country telephone book, look up the name George Tutaki or Your uncle John Tutaki in Benneydale and set a date come home and meet your family, dont be shy OK?

I knew your dad when we were children, he was a lot younger than me, him and his cousin use to catch the bus to school with us, and dont forget to look for your Uncle John Tutaki in Wanganui, plus your other uncles and aunties plus untold cousins in Wanganui would help.

Hope this helps.

Aunty Barbi Taniora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 June, 2005 11:56 am
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Ae tena koe Hamuera, yes there are a lot of your whanau in Wanganui. The Kereopa's, and the Barretts, and Turu whanau are there. You may have met them not realising they are your whanau. Kia kaha.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 June, 2005 9:04 pm
Ma_MaOrI_213 OWC
(@ma_maori_213-owc)

thanx 4 all the replys......and yes i do hav alot of whanau here in wanganui.... and yes i already know....but my question is does anyone or any cuzzies of mine know anythinggg about an old koro called TUTAKI_TERINGITANGA....i wanna know his mother or father were or if he had a brother sister that sought stuff so if anyone knows that would be a BIG help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 June, 2005 11:35 pm
Administrator OWC
(@administrator-owc)

Kia ora Hamuera

There is a book called The Founding Ancestors of Maniapoto, by Shane Te Ruki. He interviewed our koro Piripi Ngā Whira Crown. I'm not sure but if you try Kowhai2@atrix.co.nz they maybe able to give you Piripi contact details. Have a korero with him. There is a whakapapa in the book referring to Te Hura Te Ringitanga, Ōtima Te Ringitanga, They maybe connected, you never know!
Good luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 August, 2005 11:20 am
Rereahu ahau OWC
(@rereahu-ahau-owc)

Tena Koe Hamuera

Yes ring and ask for Hine Moana, as you both share the same tupuna, and as I said before check your uncle George and John Tutaki as they both come down the same line as you.

Plus there is Aunty Bubba Purutanga also a Tutaki, she is you're best bet from the Tutaki Ringitanga tupuna as for Te Hura and Otima Ringitanga au aa. No you're best bet is Bubba, George and Johnny as they are all Tutaki and close to you.

Aunty Barbi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 February, 2006 7:06 pm
C Fraser OWC
(@c-fraser-owc)

Hi there Hamuera, I think I could be related to you somehow, In my whakapapa theres a Tutaki Teringitanga his (son/dad) was Tutaki Tutaki if thats right cant quite remember what my nan had told me how it was. Because Tutaki came from one the ancestors first name.My nan was a Tutaki before marriage I have a Koro John Tutaki still around and my Nana Homai that mite be able to help you.

Edited by - C Fraser on Aug 06 2006 7:12:22 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 August, 2006 7:07 pm
Star Tutaki OWC
(@star-tutaki-owc)

Kia ora te whanau my name is Star Tutaki from Whanganui and uncle John, Geoge and Aunty bubba would be the best bet

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 October, 2007 8:16 pm
Share: