Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TUTENGAEHE  

RSS
Garth Houltham OWC
(@garth-houltham-owc)

Hi I am researching the surname TUTENGAEHE from Matakana Island.

Posted : 19 May, 2006 3:40 pm
Te_wahine OWC
(@te_wahine-owc)

Kia ora, I found a book at the library on Matakana Island that was very helpful in researching my whakapapa, hope there is something in there for you too 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 January, 2007 3:13 pm
Ngati Tu OWC
(@ngati-tu-owc)

I have a friend that is a Tutengaehe residing in west Auckland, same whanau couples names are
Te Rehita and Leanne. They have there tamariki attending Hoani Waititi kura. Contact the kura and leave your message and contact number with the office. Will leave the rest upto you as I lost contact numbers, good luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 January, 2007 6:42 pm
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

Hohua Tutengaehe was a well known kaumatua who lived in Christchurch. When he died, they took him home to Matakana and more specifically, I think Rangiwaea Island. He had brothers but I can't recall the specifics. Try the Ngai Te Rangi iwi authority in Tauranga. The hapu on Rangiwaea and Matakana are Ngai Te Rangi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 January, 2007 8:17 am
sativa OWC
(@sativa-owc)

quote:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 March, 2008 2:57 pm
sativa OWC
(@sativa-owc)

kia ora hohua was my koro i used to live with his bother tawhio tutengaehe and tai tutengaehe they now both live in tauranga

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 March, 2008 3:00 pm
teddz OWC
(@teddz-owc)

quote:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 March, 2008 9:16 am
Tarnz1321 OWC
(@tarnz1321-owc)

Tena koe Garth,

Please post your email, or email me (taniajk@kinect.co.nz) and I will forward it onto the Tutengaehe Whanau for you to get in contact with them.

Mauri Ora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 March, 2008 10:12 pm
teddz OWC
(@teddz-owc)

tena koe garth,
my name is kui,your g/mother has to be tangiheare(maiden name tutengaehe)her dad is rehuta tutengaehe,her mum ngarama.tutengaehu was the eldest son of te rangihouhiri,killed in the most fiercest battle in the history of ngaiterangi,the battle of poporohuamea,between te arawa and ngaiterangi.on hearing of his son;s death te rangihouhiri,predicted his own death.my mother and your g/mother are first cousins,tekuta,is my mum named after her mum,tekuta and ngarama are sisters.my email teddz@xtra.co.nz mauri ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 March, 2008 9:55 am
Share: