Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WAAKA, Kuru and BRADLEY, Rangitamoe  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Leslea OWC
(@leslea-owc)

I am looking for the decendants of Te-Kuru-O-te-Marama-WAKA and Rangitamoe BRADLEY. Kuru was born in 1914 and Rangitamoe was born circa 1919. Rangitamoe's parents are, George William BRADLEY and Pipi HAIRA. They married 1918. Pipi, I have been told,died when Rangitamoe was very young. With thanks. Leslea. Queensland.

Posted : 08 June, 2005 8:00 pm
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

Tena koe,e ko.Pipi Haira their is a Haira family
in Rotorua.And also at a place called Kaihu.
Which is between Dargaville and the Waipoua forest.Wharemate Haira married Ngarui TeWhiu and
had a son called Te Rima Haira.Which they have
named the Sports ground after.My grandfather
Hami Wimutu and Te Rima Haira were 1st cousins.
I hope this information is of some hope to you.
Matariki stars in Hokianga.
24th June.2005.
Copthorne Resort and Hotel.Hokianga.
Praise the Lord!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 June, 2005 12:15 am
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

Try Rotorua Trust Board.Make enquires about the late Kuru Waaka.Ex Maaori Battlion.If that fails
try the Wananga o Aotearoa Rotorua Campus.And make enquires for Napi Waaka.
Blessings!
Na,Wi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2005 11:11 pm
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

Kia ora ano.The Haira Whanau are also from Rotorua.
Blessings!
Na,Wi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2005 11:15 pm
Mahora OWC
(@mahora-owc)

Tena koe Leslea

I have just become a new member and have only now seen your request.
I am the eldest child of Kuru Waaka and Rangitamoe Bradley nee-Haira.
My Mum's mother passed away in the flu epidemic when she was about 2 yrs old.
My parents were born and bred in Rotorua as their 10 children were.8 of their children are still alive but our Mum passed away in April.1996 and Dad in June 1997. Can you tell me why the interest in our parents? And can I be of more assistance to you?
Ma te wa!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 May, 2006 3:09 pm
apaznuiz OWC
(@apaznuiz-owc)

Kia ora Mahora,

Wondering if you would be able to help, With regards to your late father who was Ani Pareraututu, and Te Ataarangi,
Just wondering, because we have those two names in our whanau, conincidence maybe,

Naku noa
June

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 June, 2006 5:01 pm
Mahora OWC
(@mahora-owc)

Kia ora June
Ani Pareraututu was my Kuia - Dad's Mother who married Te Rohu Waaka who was an Anglican Minister. she was a Kawana.
Sorry,I don't know about Te Ataarangi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 June, 2006 11:58 am
apaznuiz OWC
(@apaznuiz-owc)

Kia ora mo tena Mahora,

Was your kuia from here in Te Arawa, as our whanau have land interests in Rotoiti 15, and we are curious how we got them,

A te wa
June

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 June, 2006 12:05 pm
Mahora OWC
(@mahora-owc)

Yes, but I don't know about any land interests in Rotoiti. Who was your whanau?

Nga mihi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 June, 2006 12:25 pm
apaznuiz OWC
(@apaznuiz-owc)

Here's the tricky bit, they were Paora from Te Kaha, its just that Ani Pareraututu is not a common name, and if you have a name like that you must be whanau.

June

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 June, 2006 12:29 pm
Waaka Watene OWC
(@waaka-watene-owc)

quote:

Try Rotorua Trust Board.Make enquires about the late Kuru Waaka.Ex Maaori Battlion.If that fails
try the Wananga o Aotearoa Rotorua Campus.And make enquires for Napi Waaka.
Blessings!
Na,Wi.

Kia ora Wi

Kuru Waaka and Napi Waaka are from two different families. Kuru Waaka is from Tuhourangi and Napi from Ngati Whakaue. Napi Waaka is a direct descendant of Te Ruki Waaka (Ngati Whakaue) who married Rangitatara of Ngati Mahanga (Tainui), begat Tuahu Otene, who in turn begat Whakahau Waaka (Napi's Grandfather and 1 of 6 sons who changed their names). Who returned to Ngati Whakaue.

naku noa na

Waaka Watene

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 June, 2006 4:35 pm
Riki_Puki_Iraia OWC
(@riki_puki_iraia-owc)

kia ora is this whanau Related to a ladie named Tangi Waaka Ngamira,she is my great grandmother Her father is a ment to be Waaka Ngamira thats what ive gatherd so far, they are also of Tanui/Waikato if these name are of relevents pleas contact me via e-mail; riki_iraia04@hotmail.com or 027-3519731
any information would be greatly appriciated.
kia ora mai ano

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 November, 2006 12:35 pm
d.taoho OWC
(@d-taoho-owc)

Kia ora Riki
The Waaka from Tainui/Waikato are from Mangatautiri in Cambridge.Our from granfather is a Waaka his name is Tama Waaka he marry Mita Waka from Wairoa Mahia. The Waaka in the Tainui/Waikato Region move to Otaki.Our granfather parents Paora Waaka and Merehira Reitu
move to Otaki Ngati Raukawa. So the Waaka in Otaki are all one family. I hope this will help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 January, 2007 9:38 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

I am looking for the decendants of Te-Kuru-O-te-Marama-WAKA and Rangitamoe BRADLEY. Kuru was born in 1914 and Rangitamoe was born circa 1919. Rangitamoe's parents are, George William BRADLEY and Pipi HAIRA. They married 1918. Pipi, I have been told,died when Rangitamoe was very young. With thanks. Leslea. Queensland.

Wedding photo of John, eldest son of Mr and Mrs Kuru Waaka. 1963.
http://teaohou.natlib.govt.nz/teaohou/image/Mao44TeA/Mao44TeA025.html

Mr Kuru Waaka is the new director of the Rotorua Arts and Crafts Institute, which was officially opened on 29 October, 1966?
http://teaohou.natlib.govt.nz/teaohou/issue/Mao57TeA/c7.html

Or check these ones out?
http://teaohou.natlib.govt.nz/teaohou/search/results.html?text=kuru+waaka

Hope this helps.
Noho ora mai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 February, 2007 3:30 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

quote:

Wedding photo of John, eldest son of Mr and Mrs Kuru Waaka. 1963.
http://teaohou.natlib.govt.nz/teaohou/image/Mao44TeA/Mao44TeA025.html

Mr Kuru Waaka is the new director of the Rotorua Arts and Crafts Institute, which was officially opened on 29 October, 1966?
http://teaohou.natlib.govt.nz/teaohou/issue/Mao57TeA/c7.html

Or check these ones out?
http://teaohou.natlib.govt.nz/teaohou/search/results.html?text=kuru+waaka

google search on Kuru Waaka.
http://as.starware.com/dp/search?x=wKX1ILEOi+Vv3rFYiuWkdEmoj9+PD+HcBVBRGrGqudF9lyEOFAG/hVRSziKoJ/zhTd2WdHapYYi9O3nfMvuxkVyPyQq2zqeDdgevzTOMkz6BFoJa8W5o9N88sX7uG4iR8OVGtvQYfdwtaLWS8G8523+7+gNV0ijPIBlN0+WWVNo=

Hope this helps.
Noho ora mai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 February, 2007 3:33 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: