Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WAIKATO Whanau  

RSS
Piki OWC
(@piki-owc)

Kia ora..

Where do i start, im looking for any information on my mother whanua, Her maiden name was Waikato born in Te Hoe..

Mother; Pikiteora Peggy DOB 04/09/40
Grandfather: Jack Waikato DOB unknown died 70's buried Taupiri
GrandMother: Rangiwawau maiden name, DOB, unknown. I do know that she was from a big family i think she had 8?? sister and 2 brother ( Sonny and Joe )

I do know that mum was foster out at an early age, she attend school in Huntly and she always mention the surname RANANA wether it was her mum maiden name im not sure...

Birth,Death,Marriage couldnt find any Birth Cert for mum at all.

Any help would be much appriecated.

Posted : 18 January, 2005 4:11 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora

The link [url="http://www.maori.org.nz/papa_panui/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=331&FORUM_ID=3&CAT_ID=2&Topic_Title=TeMoananui+Whanau&Forum_Title=Tracing+Tupuna+%28Ancestors%29"]here[/url] is to another post by another member and they are also looking for info on the Waikato Whanau, so maybe you two could awhi each other

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 January, 2005 1:34 pm
Piki OWC
(@piki-owc)

Kia Ora Poutokomanawa

Thank you for your link, have looked at it but dont recongize the names that was mention in other panui..thanks heaps...:-)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2005 12:17 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ano Piki,

Well I am on a whakapapa roll at the moment seeing what I can do to awhi people.

If you go to http://www.familysearh.org and put Waikato in the surname and set the country to New Zeland you will come up with quite a few records. Have a look at these as you may be able to piece things together.

When I clicked on the Matches: International Genealogical Index/Southwest Pacific - over 25 link at the bottom of the page of the search results, scrolling down I saw people who after their first name had Waikato Ranana so those may also help you to may the connections.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 March, 2005 4:54 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora Piki, I am not sure if I have the right person, However Joe Waikato used to live in Kaiaua, they are now over in the Thames or Coromandel area. I last heard from his wifes children about 6 years ago saying that that was where they were.Goodluck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 March, 2005 4:11 pm
pekepeke OWC
(@pekepeke-owc)

quote:

Kia ora..

Where do i start, im looking for any information on my mother whanua, Her maiden name was Waikato born in Te Hoe..

GrandMother: Rangiwawau maiden name, DOB, unknown. I do know that she was from a big family i think she had 8?? sister and 2 brother ( Sonny and Joe )

I do know that mum was foster out at an early age, she attend school in Huntly and she always mention the surname RANANA wether it was her mum maiden name im not sure...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2005 12:22 pm
pekepeke OWC
(@pekepeke-owc)

quote:

Kia ora..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2005 5:18 pm
Piki OWC
(@piki-owc)

Kia Ora Y2ranga...

Sorry it has taken me this long to reply back but havent been near a computer since i had my moko's here, Joe Waikato is my uncle and yes he he did live in Kaiaua, i saw uncle at my mum tangi but didnt get to talk to him much due to circumstance...thanks heaps for all you help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 April, 2005 3:59 pm
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora

If your mum went to Huntly school you could try looking for her in their online photographs.
You may not find her but its worth a try
www.oldfriends.co.nz you will need to register if your not already a member -its free and a good site for researching lost family and friends, school,work and maraes

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 May, 2005 6:33 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Piki- my aunty married a Joe Waikato and they have 6 children. They live in Thames now and enjoy their new home.

Edited by - wyllie on May 24 2005 01:03:16 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2005 1:01 am
Moana Wetere OWC
(@moana-wetere-owc)

Tena koe piki,

My nana was Raiha Waikato from Huntly, i too am looking for imformation on my whakapapa, her father was Tauwhare Waikato and his parents were Waikato Ranana or Ranana Waikato and Hemoaka Paki, both of Rakaumanga, Huntly. I hope this little bit of info is a help to you.

All the best in you journey

Moana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2006 8:12 pm
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

Kia ora..

Kia ora Piki
My name is Sheree Te Momo and my nana was a Waikato and your mum and my nana were sisters which means you are my aunty. I have been researching my whakapapa for along time and have finally found some information about my nana's family with help from my Uncle Donnie Timothy (my nana's cousin). My nana was Daisy Te Momo (nee Waikato) and my grandad was Douglas Taaki Te Momo (my grandad was whangaeid from the Randall whanau to the Te Momo whanau) My nanas father was Jack Waikato and her mother was Rangiwauwau Waikato (nee Timothy). Her brothers and sisters were Olive (eldest), Robert, Freda, Peggy, Sonny, Joe and Lois. My nanas mum died when she was very young and her dad couldnt look after all the children and they were all whangaeid out mostly by the Timothy whanau which was her mothers whanau. I have lots more information if you are interested. Take care and keep in touch.
Sheree Te Momo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 May, 2006 2:35 am
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

Tena koe piki,

My nana was Raiha Waikato from Huntly, i too am looking for imformation on my whakapapa, her father was Tauwhare Waikato and his parents were Waikato Ranana or Ranana Waikato and Hemoaka Paki, both of Rakaumanga, Huntly. I hope this little bit of info is a help to you.

All the best in you journey

Moana

Kia ora Moana
My name is Sheree Te Momo and my whanau is the Randall/Te Momo/Waikato/Timothy/Marsh and the list goes on. If you go to the Finding whanau forum you will see my post for the Randall and Waikato Whanau and see lots of posts from our whanau as you and I will definetly be related. I can help you with your research as I have lots of information about the Waikato whanau and can find out more information. What is your mum and dad name and do you know your nana mum name?
Sheree Te Momo

Edited by - sheree_tm on May 23 2006 04:23:18 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 May, 2006 3:16 am
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

Piki- my aunty married a Joe Waikato and they have 6 children. They live in Thames now and enjoy their new home.

Edited by - wyllie on May 24 2005 01:03:16 AM

Kia ora do you know whereabouts in Thames Uncle Joe lives, I have been searching for uncle for along time, he is my nana brother and my nana was Daisy Te Momo (nee Waikato).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 October, 2006 10:49 pm
1summerday OWC
(@1summerday-owc)

Kia ora, I've been trying to look for Joe if I have the same person he is married to Mata, they lived in Kaiaua. They are my daughters grandparents and I've been trying to find them for awhile now, if anyone has a contact ph or address my daughter would be grateful,

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 November, 2007 12:42 pm
Share: