Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WAITI, Rabata ; Te Awa-i-taia, Wiremu Neera: Signatories of The Treaty of Waitangi  

RSS
Tauira01 OWC
(@tauira01-owc)

E nga mihinui ki a koutou katoa

Kia ora everyone, my name is Werahiko Waiti and although I have visted this site many times, it is my first forum entry so please excuse any mistooks I make.

Like many of you, I too have been researching my whakapapa for several years now, and it has most often been very rewarding. I have established a link with 'he rangatira rongonui Wiremu Neera Te Awaitaia, but know very little about him or his family. It is only what has been provided through the historical accounts, but I would like to hear more from anyone who is a descendant. According to my research, his sister was my great-great grandmother.

I am also interested to hear from anyone who has background information on Rapata Waiti. These two people signed the Waikato-Manukau copy of the Treaty of Waitangi about late March, early April 1840. The copy displays (Waikato?) which assumes uncertainty about the rohe of Rapata Waiti. Maybe someone out their could shed some light.

Any information given about these two people would be most appreciated.

Noho ora mai
Werahiko

Posted : 01 October, 2007 1:29 pm
Share: