Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WARBRICK,Alfred Patchett  

RSS
HelenTait OWC
(@helentait-owc)

Looking for Ancesters for Cleveland Paerau Warbrick. He was my Grandfather I know Alfred Warbrick was his father and Wilfred Paerau Warbrick was his father. My grandmother was Lily Beatrice Burns.
She married Cleveland Warbrick. We decended from the Te Awara Tribe Rotorua.I know we come from a big Whanau as was in those days but would dearly love more info on Great Grandfathers side of the family.

Grandfather was brought up by the Savage family.

Sheba432

Posted : 23 September, 2007 1:17 pm
RVZ OWC
(@rvz-owc)

Kia ora HelenTait

My grandfathers grandfather,Raureti te Paerau Mokonuiarangi,was a first cousin of Alfred Warbrick.His father Tanira was the brother of Alfreds mother Ngakarauna.She was the first wife of Abraham Warbrick and they had four sons Albert,Alfred,Joseph and Arthur.When Ngakarauna died,Abraham married her cousin Harina,who was the daughter of Riini Kaipara.There were two sons from that union,William and Fred.There is a biography on the dictionary of NZ website,which gives a brief outline of Alfreds life and he also published a book called "Adventures In Geyserland" in his later years.Something that might be of interest,is that in the maori land court panui for next month,there is a listing for Phyllis Monique Savage for a determination order re: the estate of Lily Warbrick.I have an article somewhere on the Warbrick whanau taken from an old issue of Pu Kaea newspaper which gives a bit of history;I will try and locate it and let you know.

RVZ

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 September, 2007 1:52 pm
Share: