Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information. You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.
Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.
If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.
WARENA TE PONUI (POUNUI) aka: TE MOROKI
I am seeking to identify the spouse and genealogy of Warena Te Ponui (Pounui) also known as Te Moroki of the Ngati Rahiri hapu to Te Atiawa (Ngatiawa, Ngati Awa). His parents were Ponui (Te Pounui) and Heu (possibly Wheu or Whiu).
His children included:
- Peti Kurapopo (Kuropopo)of Motueka, also known as Peti Warena and Mary Swan [married the whaler James De Blois].
- Mere Moroki (also known as Whiu, Wheu and Mary Hen, Mere Hen). Her child was Reupene Moroki (Rupini Moroki) who was also known as Reuben Stephens and Rupini Tiwini. He was apparently the father of Warena Pounui Tiwini also known as Warren Reuben Stephens.
- possibly Ka (Katara, Katarina) married Tupoki
- Ruihi (possibly Ruihi Takuna Warena, also known as Louisa Warren or Warrena).
- Iraia Moroki (also known as Eraia Moroki)
- Warena te Pounui (same name as father)
- Possibly Wi Te Hauparapara (Auparapara)
Other names associated with this family include Redwood, Ngahere, Ngatare, Ngairi etc.
Ant information relating to any of the aforementioned people would be of great help.
Greg Coupe 🙂