Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WATENE  

RSS
gjpink OWC
(@gjpink-owc)

My nanie was Margaret Ruka married to my Poppy Mita pirimona Watene, they lived in Thames-Kopu
i would love to fine our tipuna so that I can give my Mozzie children(maori/Auzzie) our own genealogy

Posted : 18 May, 2005 1:48 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe gjpink,

If you go to www.familysearch.org and put Watene in the surname and set the country to New Zealand you will find records for your nanny and poppy. From there you will be able to maybe find other members. Note, not all of the info in the familysearch site is accurate, but it is a good place to start.

Good luck

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2005 5:25 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Also, click on Full Search at the Whakapapa Club and search for Watene - there are quite a few records there to, including Urupa records in the Thames area.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2005 5:27 pm
nikswatene OWC
(@nikswatene-owc)

hI Margaret,
gee you posted this so long ago I've prob already replied to it! Anyway I'm a Watene in Sydney and don't worry there's plenty of us over here. I've named my son Pirimona and he was my great great grandfather. My gramps always said he was a quiet humble man.
Anyways I know abit about our whanau so drop me a message and I can Fill you in

Nicky

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 June, 2007 3:51 pm
Kaaran Watene OWC
(@kaaran-watene-owc)

quote:

hI Margaret,
gee you posted this so long ago I've prob already replied to it! Anyway I'm a Watene in Sydney and don't worry there's plenty of us over here. I've named my son Pirimona and he was my great great grandfather. My gramps always said he was a quiet humble man.
Anyways I know abit about our whanau so drop me a message and I can Fill you in

Nicky

Hey Nicky sorry it has taken a long time to reply regarding your last comment to me on the massacre... i would like to know more... my grandpa Jim told me of this... he's passed away several years ago and I can only remember fragments of the story... and yes please i would like more information on our lines and whakapapa... please reply direct to kaaranwatene@hotmail.com thanks heaps

Kaaran

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 July, 2007 4:04 pm
Share: